Chapter 5

“Okay welcome to Casa de Fillion!” Nathan joked before opening the door wide for himself and Stana.
Stana was here a few times with the rest of the Castle cast, when they had parties or repeating lines, Nathan always liked to be the host, and no matter that was a few years ago Stana noticed that nothing very obvious had changed since then. "Yep, I’m simple, nothing too much and overcrowded" Nathan said with a smile as he and Stana looked around his apartment...
"I like it when things are kept simple"
Stana agreed, and she herself didn't like to complicate things too much.
"Good! Then we are on the same page!" Nathan commented contentedly. "Ya, at least about one thing" , Stana muttered, she was still bothered by his 'colleagues' word.
"I'll think of something for dinner, make yourself comfortable, make yourself at home, if you need a bathroom, down the hall first door on the left " Nathan stopped at the stove, began to prepare something for dinner, and pointed in the direction he was talking about.

Stana's POV

"Thank you" I said softly, got up from the couch I was currently sitting on and headed in the direction Nathan was pointing. It's only one night. Nothing so terrible is going to happen, right? I was comforting myself when I went into the bathroom and started washing my hands...But one scene caught my attention, there were two toothbrushes in the cup, I looked around a bit and noticed hair bands, a hair straightener and a set of makeup that certainly weren't Nathan's...And then I put two and two together , wait, he has someone and he said that it's okay if I spend night here??? How-how could he have done that at all, what does he think that I am blind and that I will not connect the obvious things??

General POV

Stana stormed out of the bathroom. And Nathan noticed that she was quite upset when she came out of the bathroom but he just innocently offered wine with dinner.
"No, I won't, I'm actually going, not to impose" She answered, gathering her belongings, still quite nervous and overwhelmed by what she had just seen, and headed for the door.
But before her left hand grabbed the doorknob, Nathan somehow managed to take her hand and prevent her from doing so... "Hey, what is it now, I don't understand, everything was fine and now all of a sudden...?" Nathan asked quite confused. "What, what now?! Do you really think I'm so stupid that I won't connect two banal things??" Stana remained nervous and tried to move her hand away from Nathan's. "What are you talking about?" Nathan asked, still visibly confused. "Oh, please don't play dumb, you think I haven't seen things in the bathroom that probably belong to your girlfriend or even maybe a fiancé, I wouldn't be surprised if she might even be your 'wife', and on top of everything you think the fact that you invited me to sleep over here is totally okay??" Stana roared at Nathan in one breath. "Sta-" Nathan tried to get the word out but Stana's next angry paragraph stopped him.
"And later when she, whoever she is, comes back to you from wherever she is, you'll probably be with her like nothing happened and you won't feel guilty at all because you men are all the same!! Why did I think you were different?? When you're not, you're just like all those other idiots. You fell really low! And you know what, maybe those rumors that say you treated me badly aren’t true, but maybe people see you that way because that's who you are actually!
"Those are my niece's things, okay?!"
Nathan yelled and interrupted Stana, and his voice showed how hurt he was by everything he heard about himself from Stana's mouth.
"Your niece?" Stana asked in disbelief as an expression of immense guilt formed on her face because she yelled with all her might at the man who was not guilty of anything. "Yes, Stana, my niece, who studies here in L. A and she sometimes crash at my place, that's why her things are here"
He explained as his blue eyes began covering up with moist texture, yes he was immensely hurt because Stana, the person he cared about, had just uttered all those things that had stuck straight into his heart like the sharpest knife. "Oh my god, Nathan I'm so sorry!" Stana cried out as she stood motionless in the doorway looking straight into his blue eyes. "Don't worry, I'm used to people writing about me being a heartless bastard who wanted all the glory for himself, who didn't even want to talk to his co-star (you) and who abused you, so you don't have to apologize" Nathan said softly, looked down at the floor and added "Feel free to go, I am the last person you need in your life now.. "
"Nathan, no..." Stana interrupted...
And the next moment Stana's arms wrap around Nathan... "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I never wanted to say that, can you forgive me?" Stana whispered, and Nathan just let himself be hugged because that was exactly what he needed. He clenched his blues shut to prevent amass tears from flowing down his cheeks because what kind of man would he be to cry in front of Stana?
" Normal, it's human."The answer to his question arrived, a question he didn't even ask out loud, it was spinning in his head, but Stana seemed to read his mind. After hearing her voice he just stayed in the warmth of her touch for some more and Stana put her hand lightly on his head and ran her fingers through his hair, she didn't care at all that they were so close to each other and that they entered each other's personal space, he was hurt and she will comfort him because she is the one who hurt him. "Sorry, you don't need to watch an adult man cry like a little baby" Nathan muttered into his chin as they parted and looked away. "Hey, you helped me when I needed it and you invited me to your place, I'm here for you now" Stana gave him a truly comforting ‘friend’ look, and he reciprocated with a ‘thank you’ look.
"Then about that wine you were talking about?" Stana asked with a smile, and Nathan immediately, with a boyish smile, jumped to the shelf where he kept the wines.
"Wow, you're quite a chef, Mr. Fillion"
Stana praised the dish Nathan had prepared for himself and her for dinner... After Stana asked Nathan if he really want to play that spy role on Absentia, to which he immediately happily agreed, Stana told him a little more and explained the role they had previously talked about, and they spent the rest of the evening on the couch with the blanket on, just like a real movie night...

This was a very surprising, stormy and unexpected day for Nathan... Now he's lying in his bed, the same one he'd been lying on two days ago when he got Stana's message, but this time unlike that time sleeping was the last thing on Nathan's mind. He couldn't help but turn the whole conversation between himself and Stana upside down. And one sentence in particular kept coming to his mind:
"Why did I think you were different?"
So she thought he is different, different from the others. But in what way? Better or worse? And that question will probably devour him  until tomorrow morning, but it wasn't the only question that bothered him:
Stana invited him to be part of her series. Why? Does she want him to be closer to her or is there no one else so she had to choose him? He tried to push all those questions aside and waited for sleep to overtake him as he lay in his comfortable bed, and in the room next to his slept no less and no more than Stana...

Chapter 5 is here!
This is the longest chapter of this story so far!
Hope you'll like it!
Chapter 6: ~morning at Nathan's~
Chapter 6 soon💛!

Comment&Vote<3

And stay safe!