TWO

I had felt his pull fade, it was mine. Whoever had drug him up to the top saved him. I moved my hand closer to my chest as I kept the sub in place. My vision is getting fuzzy and I can't breathe but this needs to be done.

"Let go of it, you'll die."

"Then I'll die, he needs to do the same."

I focus as hard as I can, I manage to crush the end of the boat before my body gives out on me. My vision gets dark and I let go of the sub, I feel someone grab onto my arm.

ERIC POV
I watched as Charles had pulled her to the surface, I swam closer to them as I grabbed her. I pulled her close and looked over her, I don't feel her breathe.

"Come on, let's get her to the ship."

We quickly swim over to the ship and get on board. I lay her down as I try to start her heart again, I press down on her chest and gave her mouth to mouth.

"Come on."

I look over her as I repeat everything. She quickly gasp for air as she sits up. She coughs up quite a bit of water, Charles rubs her back.

"You're alright, your safe."

She looks at me and then to Charles, I didn't get to actually see it but I heard the impact. He seems just as surprised as I am.

"You should have let me die."

She stands up while I'm still trying to catch my breathe. Not long after we do the same, following her to the side of the boat. She's watching the waves as we head back to land. Charles goes to speak to her but she holds up her hand, she turns and faces me.

"That was our only chance, who knows how long it'll be til we get another."

I look over her as she lightly smile at him, she seems to be calming down.

"As for you, I would have gave my life to bring that man down. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to finish."

She starts to walk off, Charles turns to me as we both lean against the rails.

"How do you know her."

"I don't actually, I met her when I was traveling."

He looks at me and slightly smiles, I ignore him and stand up. I turn around and start to walk off when I feel him in my head again.

"Where are you going."

"To Rest"

Not waiting on his response, I walk across the deck and to the small set of stairs. I pass her open door, she was sitting at the wooden desk.

🇩🇪

I was sitting at the desk, trying to find out where my father would want to go. He would obviously need to get the Russians to agree to the missiles. I had felt his presence moving closer to the door, then he stopped moving.

"Goodnight Erik."

I didn't have to look up to realize he had walked into the room. I slowly turned to him as he sat down in the chair across from me.

"You should have let me do it."

"You would have died."

"Then I would have truly had a purpose."

I know he doesn't show much emotion so just the fact he's talked to me this much is fascinating.

"What are you talking about."

I slightly laughed as he met my eyesight. Whether he knew it or not, we had saved each other.

"Everyone says they want to be hero's, fight for what's right. They want to do something heroic before they die."

He watches me with confused eyes, I move closer to him. I hold out my hand for him to take.

"I'll show you."

He holds out his hand, trying to decide if I'm trust worthy. I see the small expression that shows he wants to know. I pull him into a small memory of mine, nothing he'd recognize but it'll help him understand why I want Shaw dead.

"I was once innocent like you, only I wasn't forced to become a monster. I wanted too, I wanted to have someone be proud and I thought he would be that person."

I pull my hand away as I see a small tear fall down his cheek, I've learned to put my emotions on lock. No one close and get close to no one.

"I didn't get to be the hero, I watched myself become the villain."

"That's why you want to get rid of Shaw."

"No, I want him gone because he hurt a lot of innocent people. Those people didn't do anything but live the way they wanted."

I lift my hand and a small metal clip appear. It was a piece of the Jews uniforms. I move it closer to him and watch as he slowly moves his hand to touch it.

"Alex."

"It's alright."

The clip lands in his hand, I watch as he flips it over. Examining it, showing that he knows how awful the small artifact is. He looks up at me before it slowly rises.

"You were in the camps."

"No but I was punished just as bad. Everyone I ever cared about died, and I couldn't do anything about it."

I don't give him time to say anything, I stand up and walk over to the door.

"If you don't mind, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow and I believe I need my beauty sleep. I don't just get up and look like this, it takes years of practice."

I smile as he walks closer to me, he hands me the clip back. I tighten my grip on it as he turns back to me.

"Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight Erik."

After he leaves, I close and lock the door. I lean against it as my breathe starts to pick up. I have never spoke so much to someone in a short amount of time.

"Eric is definitely going to be the death of me."