THREE

After our conversation last night I decided I would try to stay away from him, or at least not be so closely with him again. Turns out that the gods had different plans for me, I'm stuck between him and the girl named Raven. I can feel he's just as cautious as I am, the energy rolling off of him. We had finally arrived at the CIA headquarters, I was able to get some air.

"Welcome to my facility.  My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defense."

"Or offense."

I look over at Erik as we walk closer to the building. He's smirking at his answer, I see Charles glance at us.

"This guy Shaw, schmidt, whatever you want to call him, he's working with the Russians.  We might need your help to stop him."

"Marvelous. So we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?"

"Something like that."

I roll my eyes, I didn't sign up to be another Guinea pig. The agent had led us through the many halls and to a lab with a replica of a jet.

"It's a supersonic. The most advanced plane ever built."

"You should see it in real life. It's incredible."

Eric and I had stayed back while they move closer to the jet. A young man had came out, he had brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about."

He gestured to us before back to the man.

"This is Hank McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers."

Charles moves closer to shake his hand, he seems quite enthusiastic about meeting him. I knew he was a mutant but I don't know who he's told and I don't want to interfere.

"How wonderful. Another mutant, already here."

"Why didn't you say?"

"Say what?"

I roll my eyes and look closer to Charles, I move into his mind.

"Great job, idiot."

He quickly looked over me as he slouched down, he finally realized what he's done.

"Because you don't know."

I had leaned into Erik as Charles began to apologize to the embarrassed mutant.

"I am so, so terribly sorry."

"Hank?"

"You didn't ask, so I didn't tell."

"So, your mutation is what?  You're super-smart?"

I watched as hank had his eyes on Raven. She is quite beautiful and if I shifted that way then I would certainly go for her. I smile as I speak up, he's incredibly sweet.

"I'll say. Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of 15."

His face is becoming red as he keeps looking between me and Raven. I feel Erik move his arm to wrap around my waist, I tried not to laugh as Hank looked back at them.

"I wish that's all it was."

I tuned out the conversation as I turn back to Erik. I put one of my hands on his wrist as I take his arm off of me.

"If I knew any better I would say that you're jealous."

"Excuse me."

"Don't worry, I know I'm hot. Don't think I haven't been reading your mind."

I wink at him, he pulls his hands on the bars. Trapping me in the little space, I would have had fun with it if I didn't hear the snapping noise. I quickly raised my hand as he was inches from the ground, they all look at me as I struggle to keep it there.

"Might want to help."

Erik raised his hand and I quickly put the ring on the hoop to fix the chain it was hanging from. He had hopped down and they were all frozen. We had released our hold on the heavy metal, I slumped against Erik.

"I know I'm amazing, now how about one of you show me to the bedroom."

I went to walk but feel forward slightly, Erik picked me up bridal style as the agent started to walk off.

"Erik I'm fine, you didn't have to pick me up."

"Just be quiet for once."

I slightly smiled as we moved past the group, Hank smiled at me.

"Thank you for that."

"No problem, just be more careful."

He awkwardly smiles as the agent leads us down the hall. He left not long after, Erik had sat me down on the bed.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

He sits down beside me, I couldn't help but smile.

"It's times like this that I wish you would let others see that you're not the bad guy."

He looks at me for a moment, I know what he's thinking. I move my hand to touch his cheek.

"You're not the monster Shaw has made you think you are."

"Yet here we are."

I lean forward and kiss his forehead, he tensed up a bit.

"In a few hours I'll be fine and we can continue with our plan. Your not a villain because true villains can't be saved. We both know that I saved you, and you saved me just the same."

I smile as he stands up, he walks over to the door. Before he walks out he looks over at me again.

"You never needed to be saved, I just thought you needed a friend."

"Oh yeah, that's why you pinned me to the wall."

He smirks at me, he winks.

"Sure."

With that he had left and I was alone, I thought I would have felt alone but knowing that I was with others like me. It made me realize that I have someone who cares for me. The drowsiness was starting to take over so I closed my eyes and eventually let go of everything.

🇩🇪

I suddenly woke up to see Erik sitting beside me. He must have been trying to wake me up, he helps me stand up.

"Come on, we need to go."

"Ok."

I had quickly put my shoes on and we walked down the hall. We had made it outside when I felt another presence.