THIRTEEN

We were all standing in front of Hank's lab. They weren't completely talking to me but almost everyone had been fine with me. They knew that I would fight for them and I didn't lie about how far I'd go for them, they didn't consider me evil. I read the note and frown, something must have happened.

"Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X."

We walk inside and the lab has been demolished, I look at the broken glass and how everything is destroyed. Charles walks over to the large crate as we follow.

"Hank has been busy."

I could see the disgusting face on Alex's face as I smile at the suits.

"Do we really have to wear these?"

They were bright yellow with blue accents, I smiled as Charles spoke up.

"As none of us mutated to endure extreme g force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up."

"Thank god I am, or at least I can deflect them."

I laugh as I look at them, I put on one of my old blacked out uniforms.

"Nice."

I smile as we make our way to the base.

🇩🇪

We stepped inside and walked pass the jet. I couldn't see or hear anyone.

"Where is Hank."

"I'm here."

We looked over at the entrance to see a dark furry figure coming closer to us. We were all confused and we didn't know what to say.

"Hank?"

He stepped into the light as we looked at him, I could tell he was mad at himself and shy at us again.

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work."

Raven stepped closer as she caught his attention, I grabbed Erik's hand as I watch their interaction.

"Yes, it did, Hank. Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you. No more hiding."

Erik pays him on the shoulder and smiles.

"You never looked better, man. Hank!"

He quickly grabs him by the throat.

"Don't mock me!"

"Hank put him down."

I could tell he was losing his breathe fast, I step into his view as I lightly grab his arm.

"Hank, put him down immediately, please."

He looks at me for a moment, I nod my head.

"Hank! Please!"

He dropped him, I bent down to make sure he was alright. He looked back up at Hank.

"I wasn't."

He looked at me as I smiled, he knew I wasn't laughing at him.

"Even I got to admit you look pretty badass. I think I got a new name for you. Beast."

He growled at Alex, I helped Erik up as Sean looked at him.

"You're sure you can fly this thing?"

"Of course I can. I designed it."

We got into the jet as everyone got into their places. I was seated beside Darwin and Erik and across from Raven.

🇩🇪

We soon arrived near the battleground, I knew this wasn't going to end well. We all had our headsets on to hear each other.

"It looks pretty messy out there."

Charles and I both closed our eyes as we tried to get in contact with the Aral cargo ship. I seen Azazel on the ship, I was pulled out as I opened my eyes.

"The crew of the aral sea are all dead. Shaw's been there."

"He's still here, somewhere."

Erik looks at me, I nod my head as I look at them.

"He set the ship on course for the embargo line."

"If that ship crosses the line, our boys are going to blow it up. And the war begins."

"Unless they're not our boys."

Charles closes his eyes and not seconds after a Russian missile is shot, aimed for their own cargo. I heard Hank yell as we dodged it, I tried not to puke as we got back to be face up.

"A little warning next time, Professor."

"Sorry about that. You all right?"

"Yeah."

I look at Charles before sickly smiling.

"Du bist verrückt und versuchst uns zu töten."

They look at me as I catch my breathing, I heard Erik laugh a little as I closed my eyes.

"This is not the time to be speaking another language, try keeping us informed."

I look at Charles and frown.

"I said that you were out of your mind and you are trying to get us killed."

He nods his head as he goes back to doing whatever it was. I look up as I ask about Shaw.

"He's down there. We need to find him now."

"Hank?"

"Is there anything unusual on the radar or scanners?"

"No. Nothing."

"Well, then he must be underwater."

I started to unbuckle my seatbelt as Charles and Erik did the same.

"And obviously, we don't have sonar."

"Yes, we do."

"Yes, we do."

Sean stood behind us, we tried to walk back but it was kind of hard with the angle.

"Hank, level the bloody plane!"

It levels as we get into the back, Erik moved to Sean's side but he holds up his hands.

"Whoa! You back right off."

"Beast, open the bomb bay doors!"

The doors slowly open as I look at Sean and smile.

"Remember! This is a muscle.  You control it!"

He looks at Charles as they start talking.

"You'll be in here the entire time!  We'll see you soon! On my mark! Three! Two! One! Go!"

He jumps and I look at Charles, he knew me and Erik had our own plan. No matter what I feel for any of them, he had to die today.

"Erik we do this today."

Me and Charles are in his mind and he finds him. I smile as I look at Erik.

"Banshee has got a location on Shaw. Are you ready for this?"

"Let's find out."

We get still as Erik and I get onto the wheels, we'll pull it out of the water. I stand on one side while he's on the other. I could hear Charles but I knew this was important for everyone especially Erik.

"Remember, the point between rage and serenity."