FIFTHTEEN

I look at Erik and shake my head, I knew this was going to happen. He kisses my head as he grabs the helmet.

"Sorry, Charles."

"Erik, please. Be the better man. Alex tell him the truth."

"It's not that I don't trust you."

"Erik, there will be no turning back! No!"

Erik's connection to us breaks as I don't say anything. I blocked off my mind as I sadly look at Erik.

"Let's get this over with."

Erik glances at Shaw as I watch them, he smiles and moves forward.

"If you're in there, I'd like you to know that I agree with every word you said. We are the future. But, unfortunately, you killed my mother."

I hold up the familiar coin as I step back, I wanted him dead but he needs more and I'll let him have it. He lets the coin float in the air as he looks at me.

"I know that you don't agree with me so I'll be fine on my own."

I kiss his cheek as look at Shaw, I grab his hand.

"I may not agree with you but we made an agreement, together."

He nods his head as the coin moves closer to the man, I couldn't help but be relieved as I watched it move through his skull.

"That's for everyone that you've ever killed and for the pain you've caused."

The coin hit the ground as I stepped out of the room, I caught my breathe as I left the sub. Eric will be behind me and I will make sure Charles knows the truth. They look at me and then at Erik, he has Shaw's body as they're floating out of the submarine.

"Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters."

He landed not far from me and then pointed towards the ocean.

"The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants!"

He looks over at Charles and then at me.

"Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

After a couple of moment's have passed, he turns to us and shakes his head. Moira rushed back to the jet as I frown.

"Erik we completed our mission, don't do something that'll make them right."

"You completed your mission, mines just beginning."

Multiple missiles are fired towards us, they're coming quick and I don't know what he'll do next. He holds up his hand and he goes to redirect them back at the ships.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men.
This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders."

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again."

He goes to send them back but I quickly hold up my hand. Both of us struggling against each other, he knew that I was stronger than him.

"Erik, release them!"

"No!"

I make a few of them explode as he's tackled by Charles. I go to make the others go towards the sky but I'm thrown down.

"I don't want to hurt you. Don't make me!"

"Stand back!"

I close my hand as most of them had exploded, I went to get up but was held down by him.

"Erik you won't win."

"I always ready have."

"I'm sorry."

I used the built up energy to make him release me, it threw him a few feet from me as I finished destroying the missiles. Moira starts shooting at Erik, I watched him deflect the bullets and before a stray could hit Charles I pushed him out of the way.

"Aahhhhh."

I felt the pain and I knew that it had went through, i could feel my eyes gloss over as my vision became blurry.

"Alex."

"Come on."

Charles moved to my side as I looked at him.

"Why the hell would you do that."

"Because you didn't deserve it, all you wanted to do was save us."

I felt the blood flowing, I could see the dark red color spreading through the sand. Erik stepped into my view.

"You once asked me why I couldn't stay with the group. Well it wasn't just because of Shaw, it was because I couldn't choose. It was never going to be one of the other, I needed both of you."

Erik looked up at Moira as he started to choke her with the dog tags.

"Erik, stop it isn't her fault. You did this."

He stops choking her as he lands on his knees.

"Why would you do this."

"Because I would choose anyone of you over my own life. I completed my mission, I completed my purpose and now it's time for me to go."

"No you don't get to leave us, we need you."

"Promise me something."

"Anything."

I grab both of their hands as I cry, I knew I would bleed out before we got home but I was alright.

"Promise me that you'll stay together, you will need each other for this war that's to come. You two have a bond like no one else, no matter how much you love me or I love you, the bond between you to is extremely rare."

I could see the tears in Erik's eyes as Charles held me. I knew the others were crying but I couldn't do anything about it.

"I love both of you and that'll never change."

My grip loosens as my eyes get heavy, I could hear them yelling for me but I couldn't do anything.