ⅩⅥ

After a while of me and Iwa staying at the landing site, we went to his home. I wanted to stay a little bit longer and he didn't mind. Of course, he didn't, he liked me after all. I still couldn't comprehend the thought of him liking me completely but I was sure that I liked it. I didn't know why, I just did. 

When we arrived, I saw two familiar people. I didn't see them that well the last time but I knew that they were the people who arrived with Makki. 

They turned out to be his parents as Iwa's parents greeted us, "Hey you two. Look who visited us, Takahiro's parents". I was confused. How did they know each other? Did they just visit each other because Iwa and Makki got close? That wasn't very likely. They also seemed close. But nobody could get that close in the two weeks, Makki's family spend on earth. It wasn't possible. The only alternative was that they knew each other before. But that would mean that Iwa ad his parents-, no. They couldn't, right? Iwa would have told me. He would have, right? It would explain some things. Like the aspect that he never had any injuries, why he doubted my theories even though the proof was pretty accurate, why he wanted me to stay away from the landing site and also the glimpse in his eyes, I saw. I thought it was my imagination but maybe it was true. I didn't want it to be true. It couldn't. Iwa couldn't possibly have kept something like this from me. And then for years. 

Still, I decided to ask. I would find out anyway. "Hello to you too, Iwaizumi-san. How do you know each other? You seem pretty close", I asked. I was scared of the answer being that what I secretly already knew for years. I think I realized it the day where Iwa's eyes glowed for the first time. However, I kept it inside and tried to hide it from everyone, even myself. For the sake of our friendship. "Yes, we do. We are friends, actually. Takahiro and Hajime have been friends for a long time now", Iwa's mother said. "No they aren't?", I asked confused. They couldn't. I just wanted to wake up and know that it all was a bad dream. But it sure wasn't. "Yes, we are. Makki and I are actually childhood friends", Iwa now added. "But I've never seen him before", I tried to argue, my voice shattering. "That's because we were friends before they moved here", Makki answered. And at this point, I started crying. I quickly ran outside, trying to comprehend the realization that just hit me.