ⅩⅩⅪ

The boy Oikawa rejected a few days ago seemed to be popular. Somehow the whole school now knew that he and I were dating. We weren't but we pretended to. It didn't hurt and I think Oikawa likes the title 'boyfriend'. He even used it when we were alone and I did the same thing. Yet, it somehow hurt. He still wasn't sure about everything and I wanted to give him the time he needed although it hurt so bad. It was somehow like an on-and-off relationship but I felt the need to label it. 

"Iwa-chan~, you know, I've been thinking. Some people are in relationships without sexual love and some are in relationships without romantic love so why don't we do the last one. I really want to have you be all mine", Oikawa approached me. Could he read minds? I was just thinking about labelling our relationship. "No,  can not read minds, Iwa-chan", Oikawa said. He did it again. What was happening? "Iwa-chan, I thought you were smarter", Oikawa now whined, leaving me confused. 

"Wake up, sleepy-head", Oikawa said and brought me back to reality. It was just a dream. He couldn't read minds. I was relieved but somehow it still bothered me. I really wanted to label this. I wanted to know where I was and I knew that I had to tell him at some point. 

I didn't. At least this day. I just never found the right opportunity to. I wanted to but couldn't. What if he didn't want to or it weirded him out? I wouldn't blame him. Yet, it was pretty unlikely. He was a really open person. He would either reject me or accept the offer. I was still scared though. I didn't want to get rejected. It would make things more complicated. 

"Iwa-chan~, what's on you find", Oikawa asked after we arrived at the landing site. "I've been just wondering~", I trailed off. I didn't want to say the words. If I'd say them, I wouldn't be able to take them back. "You've been wondering?", Oikawa asked. I sighed before I answered, "What are we?". 

He stayed silent for a while until he finally answered, "I don't know. Whatever you want us to be. I don't care. Friends, best friends, friends with benefits, lovers, enemies. Just so you know. I'm not sure about my feelings for you although I would love to be in a relationship with you. But if that's just a Squash or a really Crush, I don't know". 

I needed a while to process that. As far as I knew, a Squash was the desire to have a queerplatonic relationship with someone so he basically had everything but a crush on me. That was kind of sad but the truth hurts. 

"I would love to date you as well. But if we will, I will take you out on dates and do all that romantic stuff with you. So Oikawa Tōru, will you go out with me", I asked. "Of course, Iwa-chan", he responded before kissing me.