ⅩⅫ

Yesterday, Oikawa visited us and we explained everything to him. He was really interested and very nice and understanding. My parents probably started liking him even more through this conversation. It was nice because we all could answer honestly and didn't have to lie like we always did before.  

I thought everything went back to normal but, of course, it didn't. I got a text from Oikawa saying we need to talk. I was scared. I thought we talked about everything already but I guess I was wrong. 

"Hey, what did you want to talk about?", I asked Oikawa after he arrived. "I need to tell you some things because I'm kind of struggling and as much as I thought about it, I can't find an answer", he stated. "Okay, just tell me", I replied. "Thank you. So I was questioning if I liked you romantically or not", Oikawa began. My stomach fluttered with butterflies. There was a chance that he liked me back. I didn't want to get my hopes up but if there was just a small chance of him liking me back, I would take it. 

"But the thing is I can't figure it out and I didn't want to hurt you, make you hope for something that'll never happen or something like that", he continued. I had the same thought. I hated the thought of getting my hopes up for nothing but I wanted him to figure it out. It would hurt if he rejected me anyway. In this way, I could procrastinate the pain and maybe even prevent it. 

"I'm glad you told me but sadly I don't know how to figure it out either. I am open to everything as long as you're honest with me", I said, looking him directly in the eye. "Can I kiss you?", he asked after a while, making me flustered. "w-what?", I stumbled out. "I'm sorry but I think it might help. If I get butterflies I know that it's true and if not then not", he explained. I liked that idea. I could kiss him after all. Yet, I wasn't sure if it would make the urge to kiss him grow. It would make it hurt more if he rejected me. I didn't pay attention to the negative aspects though. The only thing I paid attention to was the fact that I would be able to kiss my crush.