chapter two

five days later, rosa had five pairs of clothes at gina's, instead of the previous two. rosa knew it was the morning, but she didn't know what time and she didn't wanna open her eyes yet. instead she just cuddled up to gina... or she would've if her girlfriend was there.

rosa eventually opened her eyes and checked the time. the phone read 5.46 am, which made rosa even more confused as to why gina wasn't in bed.

she got up and was going to the living room when she saw gina sitting on the bathroom floor leaning against the wall. as peaceful as she looked, rosa knew that was doing no good for gina, so she entered the bathroom to wake her up.

she knelt down so she was level with gina and tried to wake her up. 'hey gines,' she said quietly

gina groaned before opening her eyes and a quiet, 'mhm,' came out of her mouth

'why are you out here baby? your back's gonna hurt and you're gonna get cold.'

'you feel okay? i think i got food poisoning or something.'

'yeh i'm fine, did you throw up or do you just feel sick?'

'i threw up before.'

rosa helped gina up and took her to the couch, then she got her some water and sat down next to her.

'i'm fine and ig didn't cry all night so i'm guessing she's okay too. maybe you've just got a stomach bug or something?'

gina leaned her head on rosa's shoulder, 'yeh maybe, i hope it's just nothing.'

'you feel okay to go to work?

'yeh yeh, i'll be fine.' gina told her girlfriend before kissing her. rosa didn't wanna pull away and she probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for iggy starting to cry.

'you go get ready, i'll sort ig out.' rosa kissed gina's head as she got up and went to sort the child out.

—————

'you okay gina?' amy asked as gina groaned with her head on her desk.

gina had been somewhat open with the squad about her personal life, they of course knew about her daughter and she'd also told them that milton left her a couple of weeks ago. they didn't, however, know about rosa because they'd both agreed to keep their relationship a secret until they'd been together for at least a month.

'yeh i'm fine, i think i got food poisoning but iggy seemed okay this morning so it's probably nothing.'

'oh... are you okay?'

'mhm, don't worry about it.'

'o- okay... if you need anything i can try and help,' amy smiled

'thanks ames.'

rosa: you okay? you wanna go home?
gina: i'm okay, don't worry
gina: plus it will look weird if we both leave
rosa: mkay but if you wanna go home you can, i'll pick ig up after i finish
gina: think i'll be okay

'sooo, rosa...' charles started

'what boyle.'

'you talking to someone? girlfriend or boyfriend maybe...'

'maybe i am, maybe i'm not. i'm not gonna tell you.'

gina smiled, being the only one in the room who knew who rosa was talking to

'so you might be?'

'yeh, i also might be talking to the president but i guess we'll never know.'

charles didn't say anything for a few seconds

'what else did you want boyle.' rosa asked as more of a statement

'no- nothing,' charles said timidly as he backed away

gina chuckled at her desk before attention turned back to her phone

rosa: mkay, go to babylon if you don't feel good and i'll come find you
gina: i love u ro <3
rosa: love you too <33

—————

gina was patiently waiting in the car for rosa, just like she did most days so it wasn't suspicious that they arrived and left together everyday.

the door opened and rosa got in. 'hey,' she leaned over and kissed gina. 'i gotta go to my apartment real quick and pick a few things up, you wanna do that first or go pick ig up?'

'yours first, i really gotta pee and i don't want ig to run around if there's weapons everywhere.'

rosa started the car and began to drive to her apartment, 'we were just at the precinct, you coulda peed there.'

'yeh but i didn't realise i had to pee until i was already in the car and i was not about to go back in just to pee. people might get suspicious.'

'god i love you and your stupid logic.'

'i know, i'm amazing ' gina smiled

about five minutes later, rosa pulled up outside an apartment block and both of the women got out.

'hey sal,' rosa greeted the doorman as she walked into the lobby, holding her girlfriend's hand.

'hiya rosa,' a thick new york accent replied to her. 'you haven't been back home in a while.'

'yeh,' rosa signalled to gina and the fact that she was holding gina's hand. 'my girlfriend,' rosa nodded.

'nice to meet ya,' sal smiled at the redhead. 'gotta admit tho, we're really missin ya round here rosa.'

'i'll probably be back more often now,' rosa told him. 'see you in a little bit sal.' rosa ended the conversation as she pulled gina into the elevator.

'why'd you tell him you were gonna be back here more?'

'well you're either moving in here so we'll see him everyday, or i'm moving in with you and i'll have to collect my stuff,' she smiled. gina thought about it for a minute before realising what rosa was saying and smiling too.

—————

iggy was sat on the couch playing peekaboo with herself, which was just her putting her hands over her eyes, then taking them away and laughing at herself, when rosa picked her up and sat down in her spot, placing the child on her knee.

rosa kissed the child's head which made her giggle. the curly haired woman looked at the child in awe before she looked over at gina who was in the kitchen

'gines,'

'yeh ro?'

'thank you.'

gina came and stood behind the pair who were on the couch before questioning rosa, 'for what?'

'you and ig.'

'i love you. and so does ig,' gina kissed the back of rosa's head

'i love you both so so much,' rosa smiled at the child, whilst talking to both of them.

written: march 2021
published: april 2021