chapter thirteen

'MOMMAAA!' the two year old girl yelled as she ran to the cop who had just walked thru the door.

'hey princess,' the woman smiled as she picked the child up, walking over to the couch with her. 'that's it. no more work for six months,' she wrapped an arm around gina.

'how was your last day?' the eight and a bit month pregnant asked, eyes half closed.

'it was fine. you tired? you wanna go get some sleep?'

the woman shook her head, 'i wanna get this baby out of me tho.' she groaned

'three more weeks babe,' rosa said before her attention turned back to the child on her knee. 'and then you'll be a big sister ig.' the girl on her lap giggled, making rosa smile.

'i don't think it's gonna be three weeks ro, i feel like i felt when iggy was a couple of days away.'

'don't stress, we're prepared right? my dad said he can look after iggy if he needs to and holt offered too and amy and your mom. we're ready gi.'

gina smiled, 'love you.'

'love you too,' rosa leaned over and kissed gina's cheek. 'what should i make today?'

'can you go get us hot dogs?' gina asked

'mhm... you sure you're gonna be okay alone tho?'

'rosa the hot dog guy is right outside the building, i'm not gonna die.'

'but your water might break...'

'yeh but it probably won't, if it does i'll call you.' gina held her fiancé's hand to reassure her, 'i'll be okay for a few minutes ro.'

'i guess i can't argue, just tell me when you get hungry.'

—————

for the past hour, rosa had been playing with iggy in her room whilst gina got some rest on the couch.

the pair walked into the room to find gina with her eyes closed, so rosa guessed she was asleep. 'leave it on the table ig, mommy will see it when she wakes up.'

gina smiled as she opened her eyes. 'i'm not asleep, not anymore.'

iggy handed gina the drawing that her and rosa (mainly her) had drawn. 'thank you ig,' gina smiled. 'is that me and roro and that's you and your little brother or sister?' gina pointed at the picture as she spoke.

'no, girl.' iggy told her

'she's adamant you're having a girl,' rosa smiled at her wife to be

'sweetie i already told you, whether it's a boy or a girl you can't paint them pink.'

rosa laughed. 'she wants to paint the baby pink?'

gina lifted the girl up onto the couch and kissed her cheek, 'that's what she said the other day.'

'she's crazy like her mommy sometimes,' rosa smiled before taking her off gina. 'we're gonna go get food, we long be long.' she leant down to kiss the auburn woman. 'love you.'

'love you too.'

—————

'how you feeling?' rosa asked, handing her fiancé a herbal tea as she sat down.

'fine, but the baby wants out. all they did today was kick and i had no energy so i couldn't do anything with ig.' she cuddled further into rosa as she spoke. 'i hate not being able to do stuff with her, plus soon i'll be able to do stuff with her even less.'

'gina you're weeks or days away from giving birth, iggy gets that. she'll be back at nursery soon and then she won't be in the house all day and everything's okay.'