chapter eleven

'you two finally ready to go?' rosa joked. she'd been home for 30 minutes despite having told gina to make sure they were ready to go when she got home.

'shut up or else we won't ever be ready.'

'you're the one not getting a ring.' rosa said as she picked iggy up. 'both of you,' she kissed the girl on the head

'both of us?'

'yep. ig's getting a promise ring,' she looked at her daughter. 'i promise to always look after and make sure you're okay and i'll always, always love you.'

gina smiled, 'god you're perfect.'

rosa smiled. 'i can't just get you a ring and not get anything for iggy, can i ig?'

'YEH!' the girl yelled in the detective's face, making gina laugh before she clenched her stomach suddenly

'you okay babe?' rosa put the child down and rushed over to her girlfriend.

'yeh, it happens when i laugh sometimes.'

'you sure you're okay to go?'

'yeh i swear i'm fine, it happened when i was pregnant with ig too sometimes.' gina put on a smile to assure her fiancé she was okay. 'i think the baby's gonna be a few weeks early tho.'

'really?' rosa smiled internally, excited that she might get to meet their child early. 'that doesn't matter right now tho, just tell me if you wanna come home or if you don't feel good.' rosa kissed the woman's cheek before taking her hand.

—————

after an eventful shopping trip where they not only bought rings, but also looked at wedding rings and dresses and suits plus they bought some stuff for the baby and some food since iggy was hungry, the couple decided they'd take iggy to get ice cream.

'what flavour princess?' rosa asked the child who was admiring the ring which was on a chain around her neck to be worn like a necklace. most of the rings had been too big for the girl, plus rosa didn't trust that she wouldn't lose it so they put it on a chain.

'pink.'

'ig you don't like pink, remember? you got pink last time.' gina told the girl who was still more interested in her necklace

'gi it's fine, i'll get her pink. you want cookies and cream?'

'nope, bubblegum.' gina smiled

'oh... okay,' rosa turned to the counter to order.

a few minutes later, the three of them were sat in a bench just outside the ice cream shop, gina happily eating her ice cream, rosa eating a bit of it and iggy not eating any.

the girl turned to face her mom and waved the cone in front of her. 'i told you you wouldn't like it.' gina told her daughter

'here ig, it's chocolate. you like chocolate,' rosa switched around the ice creams which is what she was gonna do anyway.

'thanks babe,' gina smiled at her fiancé.

'i knew what was coming anyway, it was either we get her pink ice cream and then give her one of ours or she cries on the shop floor.' rosa's attention turned to look down at the child, 'she's a drama queen, just like her mom is most of the time.'

'shut up.' gina scowled before she started laughing. rosa smiled at her soon to be wife's laugh, she loved how infectious it was.

'why did you get bubblegum? you usually hate it.' rosa asked

'yeh i know, the baby likes it tho. it's better than eating pickles, if our baby liked pickles they wouldn't be our baby.'

'why pickles?' rosa laughed. 'i mean yeh they're gross but why pickles?'

'i don't know, pregnant women always like pickles.'

rosa smiled, 'i love you stupid.'

'i love you too.' gina leaned her head on rosa's shoulder.

—————

'she okay?' rosa looked over as gina walked into the room. after around 15 minutes of iggy crying, she was finally asleep

'yeh, she's fine now. she was just super tired i think,' gina sat on the couch next to rosa.

'i was thinking, do you... only if you wanna, you can say no... may- maybe-' rosa hesitated

'what's up? i'm not gonna kill you, you're the one who does that.' gina laughed

'do you wanna meet my parents? i mean i know you already have a couple times but i mean meet them as my girlfriend... wife to be. you and ig, over dinner.' rosa asked with a shaky breath, 'you can say no.' she added

gina hugged rosa tight, 'of course i do. i love your dad, and your mom... we can work on that.'

'she might hate you at first, i don't really know. you're the first and only girlfriend they're gonna meet.'

gina held rosa's hands and leaned her head on her fiancé's shoulder, 'we're getting married ro, like we're actually gonna get married... wait, your parents know right?'

'uhhh... well i don't speak to my parents much so no.' rosa hesitated, 'they know about you tho... they know you exist.' she forced a smile

'i'm not even gonna complain because that's the best i'll get out of you. so, friday? you can come home after work, get ready and we can go?'

'sure, i'll speak to my dad.'

gina cuddled into rosa's side again, turning her attention to her phone. when the woman put her phone down, rosa assumed she'd fallen asleep.

'i love you so much gi, so so so much. you're the best mom to ig and you're gonna be the best mom to the baby too.' the detective kissed the auburn haired woman's hair, 'you're perfect you know, and even tho you're asleep right now i'm gonna make sure you know how perfect you are everyday. even when you've got baby puke all down you,' she smiled before she looked back down at her girlfriend to see the woman staring at her. 'uhh... you didn't hear that.'

gina smiled, 'i love you too.'

'you put your phone down, i thought you were asleep.'

'for the record, i look hot. baby puke or not.'

rosa wrapped her arms around gina tighter, 'i'm sure you do.'

written: july 2021
published: july 2021

a/n: hi so i'm really bad at uploading on here, i'll try and remember to upload here more often now that i'll have nothing to do in summer but no promises lol :)