chapter ten

rosa finished her work early and gina was at home since she'd started her maternity leave already. she was six and a half months pregnant and surprisingly she didn't complain that much unless she was hungry.

rosa made her way home to find gina and iggy asleep in their bed, gina's hair spread all over the pillow that rosa usually slept on.

rosa smiled at the pair before closing the door and going into the kitchen. she made herself some herbal tea and then decided to make the chocolate chip muffins she promised she'd make iggy at the weekend.

—————

rosa was just about to sit down on the couch when her phone rang.

'hey babe, you okay?' she answered

'i think there's someone in the apartment, can you come home?'

'i really wanna scare you but you're pregnant and iggy's in there with you so i don't think that's a good idea,' rosa said as she made her way to the bedroom. she hung up on gina as she opened the bedroom door.

'wait, you're back? how long did we sleep for?'

'i finished early. i'm making muffins for ig,' she smiled. 'you okay? how was your day?'

gina grinned, 'you have chocolate on your cheek.'

iggy began to stir and wake up, grabbing onto gina and hugging her as she did.

rosa sat on the bed, no longer worried about waking the child up, and leaned over to kiss gina.

iggy looked up at rosa and laughed, before reaching up to her.

rosa hugged the girl and smiled, 'guess what i made for you when you were asleep!'

'mommy baby?'

the couple laughed, 'no princess, the baby's still in my tummy.' iggy was probably the most excited out of all of them, which they didn't expect at all.

the child turned her attention back to rosa when she heard the oven beep. 'should we go get your surprise?'

iggy nodded and got herself down off the bed, running out the door and into the kitchen, with rosa following behind her.

gina loved seeing the pair together. even though rosa didn't like kids, she'd always been amazing with iggy, even when they weren't together. she loved rosa, and so did iggy.

—————

'was that good?' gina asked her daughter, who had just finished the second half of her muffin, having eaten the first half before dinner. the girl nodded and smiled. 'it's bedtime soon.'

'no,' iggy frowned

'no? but then you'll be tired tomorrow sweetie.' rosa told her, trying to persuade the child that she should go to bed. 'you don't wanna be tired do you?'

iggy shook her head

'you can watch the rest of moana and then bedtime okay?'

the child nodded and cuddled up to rosa on the couch before the trio began to watch the rest of the movie.

around 20 minutes later, iggy's eyes began to close.

'should we go to sleep now princess?' gina asked

'mommy,' iggy hugged rosa tighter, half asleep

'mhm? you want me to take you to bed?' gina asked

iggy shook her head, 'momma do it.'

'i got it gi.' the detective got up and took iggy to bed, returning a few minutes later. 'you okay? you seem quiet.'

'no, i'm fine.' gina answered dully

'you sure?'

'ig just called you mom and obviously i don't have a problem with that because you are, but... do you think this is all going too fast?' gina asked hesitantly

'no baby, why would i think that?' rosa paused, 'do you think we are?'

'no but... we haven't even been together for that long and we already live together and we're gonna have two kids soon and i feel like we barely had that stage of it just being us, you know?'

'we don't need that stage, gi. we've known each other for a while anyway, on top of that, you're you. you're gina linetti. i'd be mad if i didn't wanna end up with you.' gina giggled. 'i love you gi, i love you so much. you and ig and baby are my everything and i don't think we're moving too fast at all. yeh it wasn't the normal way people do it, but i wouldn't change any of it because you're perfect.'

'i love you rosa.' gina leaned in to kiss her girlfriend. rosa pecked her lips but then pulled away.

'but there is one thing that you could do that would make you even more perfect...' rosa continued as if she was never meant to stop talking

'yeh?'

'marry me?'

'what?' gina's mouth dropped open

'i wasn't expecting to do this tonight, or for a while, i'll be honest... but there's no reason i shouldn't do it right now is there? i know i wanna spend my life with you and iggy and the baby and have our little family and whether we get married now or in 10 years i don't care, but one day i wanna marry the most amazing person in the world so...' rosa got off the couch and down onto one knee, holding gina's hands instead of a box or a ring, 'gina linetti, will you marry me one day?'

gina just stared for a minute, shocked at what had just happened. 'you... wanna marry me? why? i- are you sure?' gina thoughts came pouring out of her mouth

'yeh, i wanna marry you. why? have you ever seen you. you're gorgeous, you're amazing, you're smart, you're funny, you're confident, you're... my everything. yes i am 100% sure i wanna marry you... so will you?'

gina leapt up off the couch and pulled rosa up off the floor. 'i love you rosa,' gina pulled her fiancé in for a kiss, both of them pulling away a few seconds later.

'we can go pick a ring out tomorrow if you wanna? after i finish work.'

gina nodded and smiled with tears in her eyes, 'i love you so much.'

'i love you too.' rosa smiled

written: may 2021
published: june 2021

a/n: hi uh sorry it's been a while, i like this chapter kinda, idk but they're getting married so yk :)
just realised i've now gotta write a whole wedding... don't expect it any time soon

a bump in the road || dianettiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें