chapter fourteen

gina had been in bed all day, it was only 2.36 in the afternoon but usually she'd been up for hours by now.

'shh, you gotta be quiet because she might be asleep.' rosa whispered to iggy from outside the bedroom door

'i'm not asleep babe,' gina smiled at the pair who were walking thru the door. 'you okay princess?'

'she doesn't wanna take a nap, do you ig?' rosa placed her onto the bed next to gina

gina felt the mattress under her dampen, 'shit.' she took a deep breath, 'hey ig, if you go to sleep now the baby might be here when you wake up.' gina tried her best to smile

'mhm,' rosa agreed before realising. 'wait what?' her eyes widened.

'rosie, my water just broke.'

'uhhh... okay, i'll call jake and amy to watch iggy and then i'll drive you to the hospital? or do i call 911?'

'you... you can drive me, i'll be fine for like 30 minutes i think.'

'okay, can i leave ig in here?'

'probably not a good idea incase she falls asleep,' gina said in between deep breaths

'right, yeh.' she lifted the child up off the bed and placed her down. 'go play in your room for a while and then jake and amy will take you to see duckies okay?'

'DUCKIES!' iggy yelled as she ran off into her room.

'i'll go call jake and amy and then we can go as soon as they get here.'

—————

even the journey to the hospital was eventful. rosa had to drive with one hand, which she was fine with, whilst the other hand was being crushed by gina... which she wasn't so fine with. she nearly crashed the car three times because she was focusing on her hand rather than the road, on top of that gina's contractions had started to get worse so every few minutes she'd shout everything she wanted to say or scream.

'ROSA I NEED TO GET OUT THIS STUPID CAR NOW,' she yelled as rosa pulled into a parking space.

'it's okay, we're here. we have the hospital bag and the baby seat and we're okay.'

gina couldn't do much except shout, scream and take deep breaths, but she managed to get out an 'i love you' between breaths to which rosa replied 'i love you too' and helped her out of the car.

—————

gina had crushed almost all the life out of rosa's hand when she completely let go of her hand. rosa took the opportunity to swap hands, but the redhead didn't take hold of rosa's other.

'babe you're almost there,' rosa took gina's hand.

the other woman didn't even try to grasp rosa's other hand, instead she shook her head. 'i can't,' she breathed

'gines look at me.' gina smiled at the nickname as she faced rosa, 'breathe with me.' the pair took a few deep breaths together before rosa continued, 'i'm right here, you can do this.'

'i love you, rosa.' gina went back to taking deep breaths and crushing rosa's hand before her eyes closed.

'gi? you okay babe?' rosa questioned before the two nurses in the room did the same

'miss, we need you to leave the room.' one of the nurses told rosa

'is she gonna be okay? is the baby?'

'it would be easier if you left the room, then we can make sure they're both safe.'

the sergeant quickly leaned down and kissed gina's head before reluctantly leaving the room. she didn't want to leave gina but she also wanted to make sure her fiancé and baby were okay, and she wasn't about to put up a fight with the nurses who should be looking after them.