𝖛. to fall or fly?

chapter five

chapter five.
( to fall or fly? )

              FREEZING IN TIME, ASCELLA THOUGHT, WAS A RATHER STRANGE FEELING

              FREEZING IN TIME, ASCELLA THOUGHT, WAS A RATHER STRANGE FEELING. Everything outside of her mind was blurred, her swirling hues of grey were brimmed with pearly tears as ferocious glares were pointed her way. She couldn't move on her own, it was as if her feet were permanently stuck to the ground, only moving  when Harry tugged lightly on her ice-cold fingers, removing her feet. Her hair was stark white, and Ascella cursed her abilities, desperately wanting to hide the biggest emotion that surged through her body; fright.

              Ascella snapped out of her trance, the blaring sound of the voices of panic-stricken students fading into her ears, a throbbing migraine forming in her head. She mindlessly followed Harry through the bustling crowds, attempting not to get lost amongst the swarm of pupils. Dumbledore's voice was fuzzy, his instructing tone almost incomprehensible to Ascella.

              "The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick slammed the oak doors shut. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

              Dumbledore paused as he was about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing . . ." With a wave of his wand, several soft, purple sleeping bags appeared out of thin air.

              "Ella," Harry muttered, his fingers lightly dancing with hers, intertwining together. "Let's go get a sleeping bag, yeah?"

              As they went to grab some of the many squashy sleeping bags, a body blocked their path. Sadistic grin, viridescent eyes gleaming malevolently, Ivory Reyes peered down at Ascella as if she were no more than an irritating bug, one that Ivory prayed she could mercilessly stamp on.