Prologue

Silence, excitement, tension. That's all that overcame the audience at this very moment. Two powerful trainers, the likes of which this world has never seen before, called out their final attacks. This final clash would decide who would go home a champion and who would go home empty-handed.

"GRENINJA, FULL POWER WATER SHURIKEN!"

"CHESNAUGHT, WOOD HAMMER!"

    Through his exhaustion, Greninja started to raise his hand. Small amounts of water started to gather at his fingertips. Meanwhile, on the other side of the battlefield, Chesnaught's right hand started glowing a deep shade of green. Both Pokémon lunged at each other using the last bit of energy they had stored deep within them. Both were tired, hurt, yet filled with determination as the impact came.

Ash Pov
   I quickly cover my eyes as a wave of dust smothers the arena. My body is weak and I feel like giving out. Using the Bond Phenomenon has been putting my body under an immense amount of strain, but I know not to give up until it's over. I quickly shift my gaze towards the cloud of dust, hoping to see any signs of the combatants. The dust slowly starts to settle, and I feel a few tears beginning to pour from my eyes as I see what has happened. Greninja stood still in shock as Chesnaught had plunged his fist into Greninja's abdomen. He took a single step back before collapsing onto the floor, and at that moment, all hope was lost.

No Pov
   The audience stood there, their jaws dropped in awe at the fierce battle they had just witnessed.

"CHESNAUGHT HAS LANDED WOOD HAMMER," the announcer said rapidly. "Victory goes to our new champion, Calem Xavier!" With that, the audience erupted into cheers. The sounds of cheering and clapping roared throughout the arena. This battle had been decided.

Ash Pov
   "Our new champion, Calem Xavier!" These words bounce around in my head. Anger, frustration, hate, sadness. I expect to feel all of these, yet it is an odd moment. I feel satisfied, I gave this battle one hundred and ten percent of what I had today.

"I gave it my all, and I couldn't be prouder of my Pokémon than I am right now," I muttered quietly. And with that, I felt like everything was fading away. Suddenly, everything became dark.