Where Am I?

Ash POV
   It was so hard to keep my eyes open when I felt so cold. I felt wet and could feel waves brushing against me. I could hear sounds of people around but it's all too faint to actually make out any of it. I slowly look up and I see a shade of green, but before I could make anything out I passed out.

Time Skip:Six Weeks

   Slowly I regained consciousness but I was too tired to move or open my eyes. I could hear people around me. I think I could make out the voice of a girl and a slightly older man.  "Professor, will he be ok?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure. Nurse Joy said he could be asleep for a long time since his body was in a state of extreme exhaust."

"I'm fine," I said as I sat up quickly feeling energized. I focused my vision towards the two people in front of me. One of them is a young girl about my age with green hair and the other was an older man wearing a lab coat and is probably in his late twenties. "Who are you and where am I?"

The green haired girl slowly walked towards me and spoke, "Hi my name is Mallow and this Professor Kukui. You are at the Pokémon Center on Melemele Island."

I sighed and tried to stand up. The second my feet touched the floor pain shot through my body but before I could fall Kukui grabbed a hold of my arm. "Take it easy there bud, you were out cold for weeks. Don't strain yourself."

"Okay... My name is Ash and I'm from Pallet Town over in the Kanto region, I've never heard a region called Melesomething or other"

I heard Mallow chuckle, "Its Melemele and this place is called Alola." she said followed by a smile. I became sad, seeing her reminded me of Serena and what had happened between us. I guess Mallow and Kukui noticed my mood change and they offered to show me around the island and I agreed but I needed a few more minutes to fully get myself together. I looked out the window and grey clouds were formed. This day couldn't get more depressing.

No Pov/In Kalos
   A Queen who lost the person she loved the most, a boy who lost his childhood friend, siblings who lost their best friend, and a mother who lost her only child slowly walked down a path to a small memorial on the side of a small lake. The people of Kalos wanted to honor the memory of the boy named Ash Ketchum who had saved many lives in exchange for his own.  A few days ago people from all around the world looked at their screens and watched as a speech was given by the Kalos Queen announcing the death of Ash. Dawn, May, Max, Iris, Cilian, Misty, and Brock had all traveled to Kalos to say their final goodbyes, with vast amounts of visible sadness on their faces. They stood behind Bonnie, Clemont, Gary, Delia, and finally Serena. They looked towards a stone tablet with words in honor of Ash engraved on it.

Ash Ketchum
The Hero Of Kalos
Thank You For Your Life

"I can't help but think I caused this," said Serena almost to the point of a full breakdown.

"It's ok dear it wasn't your fault" Delia quickly reassuring her with a hug.

"You don't understand Mrs. Ketchum. The things I said, I did to him… I broke his heart. The one I'd been yearning for. When he finally opened the door I turned away leaving him alone."

"You may think that dear but that was true love between you. That can never be erased even if one person does something bad, they also have the power to mend that broken heart. It's never too late to apologize." Delia reached for her bag and pulled out Ash's first hat he received when he started his journey. Delia urged everyone to give Serena some alone time to give a proper farewell.

Serena POV
   I slowly approached the stone with the name Ash Ketchum engraved on it. Why did I have to act so wrong? I'm so sorry Ash, for everything. For asking for your time and wasting it, for asking for your friendship and betraying it, for asking for your heart and breaking it. I feel so warm when I think of you it's almost as if you're here with me. I opened my eyes and Ash's hat was slowly fading the same way, the same way Ash did… I expected to feel hurt from the memories but I was feeling warm and secure. It's almost as if Ash really was next to me. "Ash… I know you're out there somewhere, I'll find you and I'll be able to talk to you in person. I'll be able to tell you how much I love you." I ended as the hat faded away.

Ash POV
   I was getting ready to leave when my vision started to blur and now all I see is black. Then color starts to set in and I see Serena? My memories came back and hit me like a truck. The pain of remembering, why does it have to hurt so much?  She speaks and I can't help but feel my heart mend a little. "Ash… I know you're out there somewhere, I'll find you and I'll be able to talk to you in person. I'll be able to tell you how much I love you."

Who knew life can change almost in an instant. One moment I was living a good life with my friends and now I'm just here feeling sorry for breaking one of my best friendships. It takes a lifetime to create a strong friendship but a mere second to end it all. But the truth is I still love her and I felt so alone. My vision starts  to settle back towards reality. I feel movement behind and I'm relieved to see Pikachu standing on the bed. "I guess I'm not all alone huh buddy."

Why does hope have to hurt so badly? Pikachu waves his hands to get my attention to something laying on the bed. How did this get here? I looked down and on the bed is my hat back from when I started my first adventure with Misty and Brock. I don't why but I have this gut feeling that Zekrom going raging like that wasn't a one time incident. If so then I better start getting ready because I think I knew who's behind this, and if I'm right they'll be going after her. I promise Serena you won't notice anyone or anything from coming close to you because I'll be there to stop them even if you don't know it. I promise.