No...Please

Ash POV
   I slowly walked down the street. I guess my buddy felt that something was wrong because he ran outside and quickly caught up to me. He quickly jumped on my shoulder and nuzzled his cheek against mine to try and comfort me. The truth was there was nothing or no one in this universe or the next that could help me right now. Everyone fears the same thing when asking for someone else's love. Rejection, but the way Serena talked to me felt like I had just traveled through hell and back. I couldn't believe that she would say things to me, but she was right.

"I am a failure" I whispered in a low tone but it happened to be loud enough for Pikachu to hear.

"Pika?(What are you talking about?"

"Just think about it Pikachu," I quietly said as I sat down on a bench on the sidewalk, " League after league and I can't ever seem to win. I don't see a point in going on with my pathetic dream, I should just pack up my bags and go back home."

"Pika pika Pikachu? Pika pika pika pi(What are you saying? Not many people will make this far in your short amount of time)"

"Yea no one fails as much as I do, I let everyone down" I could feel tears slowly running down my cheeks. "Is that why everyone stopped traveling with me? I guess so"

"Pika pikachu(That's not true and you know it)"

"I don't even know what's true anymore, I really did love her but I was too late and said my love wasn't real." I turned to look at my buddy, " She was my drive, my will to keep reaching forward, all this time one of my dreams was right in front of me and I missed it."

"Pika…(It's not your fault…)"

"OF COURSE IT IS PIKACHU", I quickly calmed myself down after hearing my tone, "I'm sorry buddy it's just-" BOOM. I quickly turned my gaze towards the loud noise and there was a stream of lighting firing up into the sky.

"Pika(Let's go)", I nodded and we both started running towards the huge source of lightning.

As I arrived I saw Officer Jenny yelling asking people to seek shelter. I ran towards her and asked what was going on and she said that a legendary Pokémon was going on a rampage a few blocks over. I turned around and started to run in the direction of the electricity flow. I turned the corner almost falling over and my jaw dropped. "Zekrom."

It looked at me with desperation in its eyes. Why would Zekrom be hurting people and why was it wearing a weird necklace. It was just like the one that Garchomp held. I had to get that thing off immediately. "Greninja, Pikachu let's go."

Greninja shot out of his pokeball and Pikachu ran out and took stance next to him. " Let's do this. We have to take off that ring around its neck to calm it down."

"Use multiple thunderbolts, Greninja use-" before I could finish my commands I was silenced and blown backwards as Zekrom stuck us with his own thunderbolt. As I slowly regained my senses and realized I didn't have a chance. This legendary was not holding back and there wasn't much I could do to fight back. It was too powerful, if only I had the same amount of power as it had. An idea came into my head and I let out a small sigh, "I know what needs to be done, Greninja listen closely. When we bond I want you to maintain the water spiral and make it grow large enough to cover us and Zekrom. You ready?"

He nodded and I took a deep breath. "Ready? LETS GOOO"

As the water spiral formed Greninja closed his eyes and the spiral grew and grew and in no time we were surrounded in a dome of water. "Greninja run outside and use ice beam with as much power as possible."

I watched as he ran outside and did as he was told. The dome of water cooled rapidly and took a solid form which was barely strong enough to hold all of Zekrom's attacks but now it was just me and Pikachu. I could feel Greninja become uneasy so through our bond I asked him to complete his mission here in Kalos and broke our bond and he slowly collapsed from fatigue. "Ok Pikachu I need you to absorb as much electricity as possible."