Every Story Has An End

No POV

   "Let's go Umbreon, the moment is near. It will finally be time to settle things with J once and for all." He looked inside a tube with a strange Pokemon inside. "Let's go get those shards."

Ash POV

   "That's enough training for today, well done guys."

"Pika!" He ran up and perched on my shoulder.

"What is it buddy?" 

"Pika." He pointed towards the doors leading into the gym. Just a bit in front was Serena sitting in her wheelchair smiling at me.

"Hey, you're up." I said I walked over to her.

"Yeah, sorry I took long." 

"It's ok. So what do yo-"

"Ash Ketchum." I turned around to see R staring at me.

"I told you R, I'm not giving you anything. So go away and leave us alone." I called back while taking a battle ready stance.

"See well, there's a slight problem with your request. It's that this time I'm not backing down. Yveltal, Umbreon, Darkrai, let's go." I watched as he released the Pokemon one by one and I could sense the anger within all of them.

"Lucario, let's go." Lucario jumped and mid air we bonded causing his appearance to change. 

"Alright, but I'm afraid your little power up won't help you much this time. Go!" Yveltal started by using Air Slash followed up by Dark Pulse from Umbreon and Darkrai.

"Show them what we learned use Behemoth Blade!." Lucario pulled out one of his blades and used the move that Zacian taught us to nullify the incoming attacks. "Don't let them breathe, follow up With Aura Sphere!" 

Lucario leaped up and threw his attacks at R's Pokemon causing an explosion on impact. When the dust cleared the Umbreon and Darkrai were knocked out but Yveltal seemed completely untouched.

"You took the bait… Now! Oblivion Wing!" I watched as Yveltal vanished and appeared right above Lucario striking him with his beam causing both of us to fall in pain. "I'll give you one more chance, boy ,hand them over. Now."

"They, do- Don't belong to you." I tried to speak as I struggled to get back up. "You won't get anything out of me."

"Your choice. Oblivion Wing!" I watched as the beam came crashing down and once again I fell to the floor. I shook my head to get rid of my daze and half way through standing up Yveltal used Air Slash but this time directing at me. 

"ASH!" Those were the only words I heard through the pain flowing within me. On the floor I slowly opened my eyes but it was extremely hard to make anything out. It was all one giant blur. All except one thing. My eyes widened at the sight of Serena who had fallen off her wheelchair and was calling out for but. I couldn't hear her, but I knew it was my name. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I used all energy that was left inside me to try to get back up.

"Come on Ash, push." I spoke to myself. "PUSH GOD DAMMIT. I screamed as I was struggling to move at all.

"Do this for everyone and everything you care about, do this for the people and friends you lost along the way and just push." When I finished speaking I was standing and I looked at R who had the angriest expression on his face.

"That's not possible. How are you still up!?"

"You really want to know my secret? Well here it is and you can tell whoever you want." I looked at Serena who had been helped back up by Clemont and Bonnie and then I turned back to R. "No matter how many times I fall. No matter how many times I get knocked down. Hell, I've even died and lost it all. I will always get back up. I will always rise to my feet because everything I do is to help others. To make this word a better place. As long as my heart beats I will always find a way to get back up. I do this for my family." 

R just stood there in silence as if those words meant something to him.

"He's right…" I watched J come out from the side of my view and slowly make his way over to R. "I know all of this is my fault, and If I could go back in time I would change everything to make things right. Come home Riku, no. Brother."

"I… I can't. And it wasn't your fault it was mine. I allowed myself to be manipulated." I watched as R started to cry before he looked at his brother. "But it's too late for me… I'm too far gone. There's no turning back now. Yveltal FINISH THIS, OBLIVION WING."

"RIKU NO!"  

I watched as the attack came right for me. I looked down and Lucario was unconscious so he couldn't do anything. Just as I was about to accept my fate a little yellow blur ran around me and jumped right in front me taking the impact. I wanted to scream, fight, do anything to stop Pikachu, but I couldn't move. My scream got caught in my throat and I was consumed by a large white light.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

"Pikachu…"

"Pika!"

"Pikachu… where are you?"

"Pika!"

"Pikachu!"

"Open your eyes Ash Ketchum." I shot straight up and was panting and I looked at my surroundings to try to figure out where I was. I was in the middle of a meadow that overlooked the ocean. A few feet in front of me Pikachu was sitting on a rock looking towards the water.

"Pikachu?"

"Ash…" When he spoke I almost fell over. Not because I've never heard him talk, but because I've only heard him talk once. Back when we fought Marshadow. I ran over to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Why did you do that!?"

"I had to, to save you Ash."

"This can't be the end, not like this?! TELL ME THIS IS A DREAM.!"

"Ash… every story comes to an end."

"NO, THAT'S A LIE, YOU CAN'T… not now…" I felt the tears streaming down my face and my buddy was also crying.

"Ash, every action, every step, every breath we have taken have led up to this moment."

"Pikachu… you can't leave. After everything you've been by my side."

"And I'm grateful for the journey of a lifetime you have taken me on. You and I have gone places some Pokemon can only dream of going."

"No…" I let my arms fall to my side.

"Ash… look over for a moment." I looked up and Pikachu was pointing out towards the water. I stood up and walked to the edge so that the sea water was barely brushing against my shoes. "I wanted to show you this." 

I watched as our life story was told right in front of me. I saw when I first asked him to be my partner, the Indigo League, meeting all of my friends. It's all here.

"Ash… I let my story end so you could continue telling yours. With your Wife Serena when the day comes." He let out a small laugh at the last part.

"Lucario…." I turned around and Lucario was on his knees and for the first time ever that I have seen, he was also shedding a tear or two.

"Pika.." I watched as my buddy ran over to Lucario and onto his shoulder they talked a little bit in their language and gave him a reassuring lick on his check before running back to me.

"What did you tell him?."

"I told him that I was going to be going away for a while, but that if he ever needed me, to just look outside up towards the stars and to imagine me as one of them."

"Pikachu…"

"Ash… I once told you that I always wanted to be with you and you saved me that day, now I return the favor."

I fell to my knees as I felt reality start to return.

"But don't worry. I will always be with you, and if you ever miss me. Just look in there." He said pointing at my heart.