Came Back To You

Bonnie POV
   "Okay Dedenne one more time! Use Thunder!" A large cloud formed above the challenger's Pokemon and knocked it out. "Thanks for the battle. Train hard and next time you'll win for sure."

I offered them a smile and left for the back room where I sat down and gave a huge sigh.

"Oh Bonnie, this is what you get for still being a Gym Leader while being a Master." I looked up at my brother and shot him a glare to which he slightly backed off.

"I told you being a Master is boring. So many rules and guidelines I have to follow. But here." I paused and pointed towards myself with my thumb. "I'm my own boss."

"Gym Leader Bonnie, you have a challenger. Please report to the battle arena." Clembot slowly approached us to inform us.

"Thank you Clembot, what level of skill should I use?"

"Calculating… I would advise you to hold nothing back."

"Nothing!?" My brother went and opened Clembot's circuit box to make sure he was functioning correctly.

"So, is he ok?"

"He is. Who else is that strong?" I walked out front and saw a guy facing towards the door with a Pikachu and Lucario next to him so I immediately knew who it was.

"Ash! Don't tell me you're here to challenge me are you?" He turned around and a smile appeared on his face.

"Why, want me to? We both know I would win." An even wider grin appeared on face from his taunting.

"Oh you want to bet?"

"Haha, maybe later. How are you guys?"

"I'm good, as for Clemont. He's out back trying to see what's wrong with his robot."

"Is it broken?"

"No, but I'm not going to tell him that." We both laughed for a second before we got quiet again.

"How… is she?"

"Nurse Joy can't find any reason she shouldn't be able to walk. No one knows what is wrong." I looked towards her room and then back.

"Bonnie, the world doesn't want us to be together. It's been proven over and over again. It's pointless…"

"If that was true then why are you here? Why do you always find yourself where she is. I can bet you all the money that exists on this world and tell you then even if she was in the middle of nowhere you would somehow find her. That's the only thing that's been proven over and over again."

He took a step back and then adjusted his hat. "I'm not so sure about that Bonnie. After what happened last time…"

"What about last time! Haven't you learned Ash. There will always be a last time if you don't fix things as soon as you can. And it's not if you can or can't anymore Ash. It's if you want to or not. It's your choice. Please make her nightmare end."

"..." His eyes widened in shock and he lowered his head.

"I- Sorry about that I'm not sure what came over me." I rubbed my arm with embarrassment after I snapped just like that.

"Don't be, you're right… take me to her please."

"Alright… follow me." I led him up some stairs all the way to a door at the end of the hallway. "Did you ever stop loving her?"

"No, I never did..."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Bonnie, it's because I still love her that it still hurts so much."

Ash POV
   I reached for the door knob and opened it up. I looked inside and saw a person sitting in a wheelchair looking out the window. Slowly I made my way over to Serena and looked at her face. She was asleep and she looked like an angel. I knelt down and I raised my hand to touch her cheek but I backed off.

"I should have gone after you… I could have prevented this…" I felt tears start to fall down the side down the side of my face. "I couldn't save you and it's all my fault."

"Ash…? Ash!" She woke up and fell on me, grabbing my arm and not letting me go.

"Serena…"

"No… please don't go. Stop leaving please." She grabbed my hand so tight it started turning purple. "Please… please… not again."

"Serena… it's ok." I shook my hand free and gave her a hug. I felt her start to cry. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere…"

She released me and took a long look at me.

"Is it really you?." I slipped both of her hands into mine and looked at them. They felt soft and as if they were made to be with mine.

"It's me Serena… I'm here with you." I looked in her eyes and I felt like I just got lost looking in a map full of stars. I slowly leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss. When I pulled back her eyes had grown slightly.

"Ash… please forgive me…" she slowly started to get her senses back but I quickly calmed her down.

"It's ok. The past is the past." I gave her a quick kiss. And then looked at her in her eyes.
"I am no longer defined by my past."

"Are you sure we can be together?"

"Serena." I leaned in and rested my forehead on hers. "It's not whether or not we can or can't. It's whether we want to or not."

I closed my eyes and spoke my confession. "And I want to. I want to be by your side. I want to be the person you seek when you're lost. I want to be the person to keep you safe when you're scared. I want to be the person who you look at with all your love. Why? Because you are the brightest light in the darkest room. You were always there to guide when I felt lost."

I kissed her for a few seconds longer than the last. "You are my ray of hope." I rested my head back on hers and waited for a response. Instead I got a kiss. I kissed her back. When we parted I looked her in the eye and I knew what she wanted. No words needed to be said, because we both knew what we wanted, no what we needed.