Some Things Need To Happen

Ash POV
"Hello Kalos, huh it feels weird. I feel like I've been here before but funny enough I have no recollection." I said with a big smile.

"That joke is getting old Ash." I turned and saw Serena walking out of the plane behind me.

"You didn't have to come, you know."

"I know, but it wasn't your choice was it?"

"Yeah, I guess so. So where to first?"

"You chose, you're the one leading the way after all."

"M'kay, let's go over there." I said pointing to a huge tower in the middle of the city.

"Lumiose Tower? That's an interesting place to start, well let's go then." We both set off towards the tower. On the way there however, we got side tracked and started looking at all the different shops and restaurants.

"Hey Serena look at me!" I called out to her and she burst out laughing. I was wearing a funny mask that had huge googly eyes glued on to it.

"Why does that thing exist?" She said in between laughs.

"No idea but it's great isn't it?"

"No, put it back." She said holding her stomach probably from the pain of laughing so hard.

"Alright, hey let's go over there." I noticed a big hall near the end of the road that was giving me an off sort of feeling.

"Actually why don't we-"

"Serena, over here!" I turned around and saw a little girl and some older guy running over towards us.

"Bonnie, Clermont! Nice to see you guys." She waved with a smile as they approached.

"So how's the life of a Master Bonnie?" So that's who she is, part of me forgot who she was but now I remembered she was with me when I woke up.

"So a Master huh?" I said as I walked up to the people Serena was talking to.

"Ash!" Both of them screamed out at the same time.

"Uh, hi?"

"So it's true then. Well I guess we'll have to start over. Hi my name's Clermont and this is my younger sister Bonnie."

"Well nice to meet you both, but I'm assuming this is a second for you guys."

"Yes, it is. But we may as well make the most of it, right Bonnie?"

"Of course, but sadly we can't stay long, I have to go to some boring stuff. Bye!" The siblings waved and then walked off.

"I want to challenge her to a battle. I can't wait to see how strong a Master is."

"If only you knew." I turned around and Serena looked to be in deep thought.

"Huh, knew what?"

"What? Oh nothing, so where do you want to go next?

"I want to go over there." I said pointing toward the hall once more. "Something about it is calling out to me."

"Oh… ok let's go." The way tone shifted from joyful to depressed really got me to worry. This must have been the spot she kept asking me to not to come to. We walked until we reached the door. As I reached out to open the door Serena's hand reached out and grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I nodded my head and walked inside. I looked all around and it was empty and dust had collected on all the tables and chairs. I took another step and a small image flashed before my eyes, it was of a big party and everyone was having lots of fun. As I continued to walk I could hear the voices of people talking. I looked all around and I could barely imagine what happened here, but the fact was that I still could, even though it was faint. I could sense the memory was inside somewhere. All the voices then went quiet and I looked forward and saw there was a door leading out bad. I walked out and scanned the area for anything familiar. There were some trees that led into a forest, some bushed, and a fountain. Out of all those items, the fountain stood out to me the most so I walked over and looked at the water. Before I could do anything else, a wave of grief fell over me as I started to remember.

Serena POV
   Why did it all have to come full circle? I was once again walking down the halls of my past and I was scared. I looked around and I could still remember everything, just as if the party was today. From the color of my dress all the way to the scent in the air. I followed Ash through the room and I could tell bits and pieces of this place were seeming familiar. Then he led me outside and he started to walk towards the fountain outside so I stopped following him. My heart broke as he reached the fountain because he remembered. He fell down on his knees and his face went pale. Then I started to cry. I didn't want him to come here not because of the pain it would cause me, but the pain it would cause him.

"Ash…" I called out his name but there was no response. "Ash…"

I tried once more but this time I walked a little closer. He still didn't answer. I walked over to him and sat down in front of him. I reached for his handed but he backed off a little bit

"Just… give me a little time please." I felt the guilt overpower what little control I had over my body at that moment.

The sky above turned cloudy and I could feel the water drops hit my face as I ran into the woods. I didn't look back, I couldn't look back. I ran and ran until I felt like I couldn't run anymore. When I finally stopped it was pouring and I was sitting near the edge of a small cliff.

"Serena." I didn't bother turning around. I knew he had chased after me.

"Just go Ash."

"I don't blame you." I stood up and turned to face him.

"Well you should!" I screamed at him. "I'm the cause of everything bad in your life and in mine. HOW AM I NOT TO BLAME!?"

"Serena, me remembering has shown me something; it's that some things are meant to happen. Of course I felt sad reliving that scene again, but being sad only confirmed what I already knew. That what I felt for you, no what I feel for you is true. That I love you." He ended and reached out with his hand for me to take.

"I-" before I could let out another world the ground below me collapsed. I watched as Ash's expression changed from hopeful to full of horror. I looked down towards where I was heading and right before I hit the ground I braced for impact.