Time Flies

Serena POV/Time Skip:Five Years
I stared out the window, it's been raining a lot lately and because of that not many contests have been going on. I wish there was something I could do because I'm so bored. I would be talking to Calem right now but he's off doing champion stuff. Being Kalos Queen is never easy either, don't get me wrong I love performing but it's hard when the main reason you started isn't around anymore.

"Lighten up will you?" A voice behind me said but I easily recognized it. I've only been dating him for six years.

"What do you want, Calem?" I replied in a slightly annoyed tone.

"You only act like this very rarely Serena. Tomorrow's the day isn't it?"

I sighed, " Yea, it is." And a tear fell. Tomorrow is the day that Ash left us six years ago. At first I had hope he was still alive and that we could find him. But as time flew I lost faith. I still had hope but it was small, I didn't know much of anything anymore.

"You'll be fine Serena, you've made it a long way." He said while opening up his arms. I got up and hugged him.

"Time doesn't make it hurt any less. What champ business did you have this time? Let me guess another person who lost to you. "

"Haha, no surprisingly no, this guy was well, interesting. He took one look at me and left."

"Was he that scared?" I replied with a small laugh.

"I doubt it." I parted from Calem and looked at him who looked to be in deep thought.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well a few months ago, the champions of other regions were dethroned and people from evil organizations were left to be the champions." I was shocked to know this because I hadn't noticed anything. He continued to say, "Team flare came here but they couldn't beat my elite four so I never saw them. But in the past week a mysterious guy went from league to league and beat them all"

"So he's the champion in all those regions?" I asked, surprised anyone could be this strong.

"Oddly no, he just gave the potion back to the former champions."

"Is that why he left you alone?"

"Probably, we should get going though."

"What, why?"

"It's Bonnie's first battle as a gym leader, remember?"

"Maybe... let's go before we're late" I grabbed my items and left hand in hand with Calem.

When we arrived Bonnie was already going strong against her first challenger. We walked over towards the sitting area and took our seats all unnoticed by the lemon haired girl. It's better that way so we won't distract her and cause her to lose.

"Slowpoke, use water gun," the challenger commanded his Pokémon.

"Luxray, dodge and counter with wild charge." Luxray jumped to the side evading the water gun and dashed towards Slowpoke with an astonishing speed. Before Slowpoke's trainer could react, Luxray slammed into Slowpoke, landing an instant knockout.

Clemont walked out onto the middle of the field and examined Slowpoke. He rose up and announced, "Slowpoke is unable to battle, the winner is Bonnie and her Luxray. Or should I say Gym leader Bonnie." Clemont had a smile on his face because his sister was now the official Gym Leader of Lumiose City Gym.

I slowly clapped and that got Bonnie's attention. She turned her head, saw us, and ran over. She came up to me and gave me a hug which I gladly returned. "I thought you didn't make it." she said somewhat annoyed which I don't blame her for. I did forget that today was her day.