A Realization

No Pov
    Four days had gone by and Ash was still asleep. Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont had gone to start the preparations for Serena's party after the third day as a way of distracting themselves. It made them sad to see Ash laying there so they tried to keep themselves busy. Serena on the other hand had many things going through her mind. On one hand she was very happy that she was going to be crowned as Kalos Queen in three days time but on the other hand she knew it was going to be goodbye from her friends including the boy she admires so dearly. She worked hard to get where she was and was determined to keep being on top.

Ash Pov
   I felt so dizzy as I slowly opened my eyes. How long had it been since I was away? I really hope I didn't make anyone worry. Wait where is everyone, I guess they had things to do. I turned to look towards the edge of my bed and saw Pikachu sleeping. He looked so peaceful. I wandered around my room and started to stretch so I wouldn't pull a muscle. I looked at the calendar  pinned to the wall and I couldn't help but slightly frown. I remembered now, I had gotten far to the finals of the league and victory was within my grasp. I guess I'll have to apologize to Serena, after all the night she won the performance she pulled me aside to thank  me about how I supported her all the way. How could I not support her. She, well it took me a while to figure it out but she's the love of my life. While I was asleep, I saw old memories of all of our times together. I stared at the images around me and at that moment something in my brain clicked. I understood it all now, and I was too dense to notice how beautiful she was when she smiled, how cute she looked when she was asleep, or how much I hurt when she was sad. I would do anything to see her smile. "Chaaaaaaa".

I turned around and saw my buddy waking up. "Hey buddy how you feeling"

"Pika?" I was turn around to face me, "Pika,pika,pi"(finally you woke up I was starting to worry)

"No need to worry pal, I'm alright"

"Pika?"(What's with the smile on your face?)

"It's nothing I just had a small realization that's all"

"Pika,pika"(Finally, what took you so long)

"Honestly I'm not sur… wait how did you?"

"Pika,pikachu"(you said her name while you slept)

"Oh god I hope she wasn't around" Pikachu just laughed a bit and shook his head. Thank Arceus, I'm glad I dodged that bullet. I'm not sure if she felt the same way and I don't want to risk our  friendship. With that I head out and start to look for my friends.

Serena POV
   "What color do you prefer for the balloons, silver or gold?" asked the little lemon haired girl. This party needed to be absolutely perfect. Nothing could go wrong.

"I think I'll choose gold to go along with my hair and dress." I responded with a wide smile. I turned around to look at the room where my party was going to be held. It was almost perfect. Days of planning and executing this out will be all worth it in the very end. So much hard work will pay off. I hope everyone can enjoy tomorrow as much as I will. I also hope I will get to dance with Ash as I wasn't able to before. I sigh because a slight blush formed just because I thought about Ash. But I don't think tha-

"Thinking about Ash again" Bonnie said with a sly smile plastered on her face. "Why don't you just confess your feelings for him already. Don't want that little Miette stealing him away from you, do you?"

"I'm sorry Bonnie but I'm afraid I can't do that anymore. I can no longer confess how I feel to him," I responded with a sad tone.

Bonnie stared at me with confusion on her face, "Don't you love him anymore, were all my attempts at shipping for nothing? Why not Serena?". I could see small tears in her eyes. I brought myself to her level.

"Bonnie I will never stop loving him but, I am now the Kalos Queen Bonnie, people will start to think  less of me if I start a relationship with Ash since he wasn't able to win the Kalos League.So Please don't tell anyone Bonnie" I could see she was upset, but I could also tell part of her knew where this was coming from. "Please Bonnie".

"Ok I won't, but I am disappointed in you." she said as she looked up. "You two would make the best couple in the whole world."

"I know Bonnie, I know"

"But now who's going to be your date?" My eyes widened with realization. Before I had arrived Calem had asked to be my date for tomorrow. Guess now I have to tell him my answer. Starting now dating I'm Calem Xavier.