We Can Get Through This I Promise

((Two months ago something heartbreaking happened in his life, at the hands of a drunk driver leaving his mother Julia dead and the love of his life fighting for her life in hospital, will she pull through?))

4 months have gone by and John was still struggling with the loss of his mother but he had the love of his life with him to help him get through it all. John and Lucy were childhood friends and eventually became a couple. They had been through everything together, the divorce of her parents, his parents splitting up, John moving to live with his Aunt Mimi and Uncle George when he was little, the death of his Uncle George, the miscarriage that Lucy suffered, even though they'd been through hell and back she knew that she was going to be there for him through this and for the band and their future and he knew that she was always going to be there for him. Without each other they'd be lost.

Lucy calls for John but he didn't answer so she tries again but as she's looking for him around the house she spots him in the nursery. "John, there you are" she says softly "come ere" she whispers as he walks over to her and hugs her with tears running down his face. "It's gonna be okay, we've been through everything together and we can get through this I promise" she says running her fingers through his hair as he sobs softly and quietly "we can get through this I promise" she repeats quietly as she holds the love of her life in her arms with tears threatening to spill.

"Why did she have to go?" He cries.
"I don't—I don't know baby" she sighs sadly at her boyfriend who is now quietly whimpering in her arms. Seeing John like this broke her heart but what she didn't know that him having her with him made him feel better and able to get through whatever life throws at them.

After awhile John had stopped his crying and was now nearly fast asleep in Lucy's arms. She was running her fingers through his hair and humming a song to him which she knew would calm him down.

"John?"
"Hm"
"Let's get you to bed" she whispers
"Oh okay" he yawns.

Lucy picks John up bridal style and carries him to their room, placing him down on the bed before going round to her side and getting in. She pulled John back into her arms and continued to sing to him and run her fingers through his hair.

And they both soon fell asleep in each other's arms.