A Hero Reborn

(Y/N)'s POV

I was laying in my bed having a dream involving an attractive woman, an older man, and four younger girls all surrounding me crying. It was a weird dream to be honest. When I woke up I noticed that I was going to be late for work. For reference I work at a weapon repair shop near Beacon. We get plenty of business thanks to having to repair the weapons of huntsman and huntresses of Beacon Academy. The shop is run by an old man. Not the frail kind that you'd imagine, but the kind of older gentleman that could crush your skull with his biceps. We work in a forge most days, it's to be expected. Despite his freaky stature, he's a sweetheart who adopted me when my parents left me on his doorstep. Ever since he adopted me he's been training me with different weapons and how to fix them. He even guided me when I was building my sword and shield. He knows that my dream is to be a huntsman while also working at his shop. Problem is I'm not registered at any schools that would give me the papers to go to Beacon. I'm mostly home schooled because I had to learn everything from him. But that's enough about me, time to get to work. Walking down the stairs to the store area, I noticed the old man setting up for business today.

"Slow down Pops, I got it." I said rushing over to take the box of scraps from him.

"Just because I'm old doesn't mean I'm useless." He replied sarcastically.

"You're right, you just belong in an old folks home." I cheekily said before ducking to avoid being smacked on the back of the head.

"Stop being mouthy and help me finish setting up." Pops told me.

After half an hour of setting up, we finally were ready to open. After a pretty busy day, me and Pops were approaching closing time. Right before we were going to close, a young girl my age with fair skin and a red cloak, similar to my black one in my room, walked into the store. She quickly made her way over to me. She pulled out what looked like a folded up piece of metal.

"Hello!" She said in a cheerful tone of voice. "I need you to fix Crescent Rose please."

"Of course!" I said with a grin as I picked up the weapon. "Interesting. Scythe gun combo. Rare to see one of these nowadays. You build it yourself?"

"Yup! Built it at Signal Academy!" The girl said with a hint of pride. "I'm a bit of a weapon geek, so I went all out designing it."

"It's pretty well built. I don't use a weapon like most people's these days." I said. "Mines a normal sword and normal shield. No morphing into a gun or shooting fire."

"Wait, it's just a sword with no extra features?" She asked with a look of shock on her face.

"Yeah! I like to rely on my abilities with a sword rather than some fancy tech." I told her.

After I passed her weapon to Pops for him to repair it, me and her spent about 45 minutes talking about weapons and different types. At one point I had to run up to my room to grab my sword and shield. She asked what they were named and I froze. I'd never thought about what they should be named. After a few seconds a small voice in my head gave me a name for my sword and shield.

"The swords name is Kokiri and the shields name is Goron." I said, not sure where exactly the names came from.

"Those are interesting names. Do they mean anything?" She asked curiously.

"No. They just sound really cool." I told her, before having a afterthought. "Does Crescent Rose mean anything?"

"Well Crescent because the blade is shaped like a crescent, duh." She told me. "And my last name is Rose so that's where the Rose part comes from."

"Didn't know your last name was Rose." I said before Pops passed me her fixed weapon. "Here's your weapon Ms. Rose."

As I passed her her weapon I gave a slight bow. This resulted in Pops smacking me in the back of the head for being ridiculous. Ms. Rose gave a slight giggle at this.