The Fall Of Beacon Academy

Ruby's POV.

Today's been a wild ride. Uncle Qrow came here to visit, he got into a fight with Weiss' older sister, and then said fight was broken up by my best friend who had disappeared for a month. I wan't expecting today to be so eventful, yet it was barely past lunchtime and we've been through a lot of events today.

"So he just appeared out of nowhere?" Blake asked, confused.

We were all sitting in the courtyard of Beacon, discussing (Y/N)'s return to school.

"Yeah. It was like something out of a TV show or a book or something." I confirmed.

"He did appear to have a new found confidence. As well as an outfit change." Weiss put in her two cents.

"What does his new outfit look like?" Pyrrha asked, also confused.

"Lot's of green." I replied.

"There was more to it than that. He wore a new shield, he appeared to be wearing chain mail, he had on an old-fashioned green tunic with a matching green hat." Weiss groaned, yet elaborated. "He also had a new bow he used. It was a perfect shot,  the arrow didn't even seem to move, it just looked like it appeared there."

"So he's good at shooting with a bow, he did say that his father trained him with various forms of weapons." Ren reasoned. "It makes sense that he'd be good at using a bow."

"This shot wasn't something you can do with only a few years of practise." I countered. "It was too good for simply training as a child."

"It's hard to believe that he is as skilled as he is without decades of training." Pyrrha rationalised. "Yet we've seen him do some things that ordinary people couldn't. For example, Blake, you've seen what he can do, could you do the same with the training you've had?"

"No. His movements are too fluid for someone of his age." Blake agreed.

"So he's got more training than someone his age, big deal. I want to know where he got his tunic." Nora cut in. "Think he could get one for me?"

"Nah, this babies one of a kind." Came a familiar voice from behind me.

I felt a weight slump against me as (Y/N) leaned his full body weight against me..

"God dealing with your families is hard." (Y/N) directed towards me and Weiss. He stood his body up to talk to all of us "Winter is so stubborn about believing me.  And Qrow can barely stand let alone talk coherently."

"He's not that bad." I defended.

"He could lay off a bit." Yang agreed with (Y/N).

"So where did Goodwitch take you guys?" Jaune asked.

"Boring stuff to report about my mission." (Y/N) shrugged. "Just confirming I didn't die and that there wasn't any lasting damage done to me."

"Was there?" We all looked towards him, curious about his answer.

He shrugged his shoulders, wincing as he did.

"Broke my shoulder a few weeks ago. Thankfully I was working with these awesome older people who knew some special healing techniques." He revealed. "It still hurts a bit, but it's certainly got a lot better. I can shoot my bow better than when I first got it."

"How are you being so casual about this?" Weiss practically yelled. "You broke your arm and didn't even tell us what did it?"

All of our eyes were focused on him now. He was sweating, not enough to be too noticeable, yet enough that in the light it was partially visible. He wasn't looking in our eyes either, opting to examine the floor instead.