The Hero Returns To Beacon

Ruby's POV.

It's been almost a month since (Y/N) left for his exploration mission. I haven't been the same since he left, and almost everyone at school has noticed. With the Vytal Festival around the corner, I've been training with my team to make sure we're at the top of our game. I was wandering through the courtyard with Weiss when we heard the sounds of fighting. I looked over and saw my Uncle Qrow fighting a girl who looked like an older Weiss.

"Weiss, why does that girl look like you?" I asked.

"That's my older sister, Winter Schnee. She's part of the Atlas Military." Weiss revealed. "But who is she fighting?"

"That's my Uncle Qrow." I explained in turn. "Why are they fighting?"

"I have no idea." Weiss stated, clearly as confused as me.

We watched them trade blows back and forth for a while. Uncle Qrow with his sword and Winter with her sword. They came close to striking each other numerous times. They had a curious style that seemed like they had fought before. Their fight came to an abrupt end when an arrow seemed to sprout from the ground. Everyone around the fight, and even the participants themselves were confused, until someone pointed behind where we were standing. Turning around, I saw someone standing there I never thought I'd see for a while.

"(Y/N)?" I questioned in a whisper.

"Qrow, Winter, if this is how you deal with any sexual tension between you two, please do it somewhere else." He called out. "Or just do it and get it over with. Just not here obviously."

He stood quite holding a bow in his hands. He also had changed into a green tunic. He had tan pants, a white undershirt with long sleeves and brown forearm bracers. He also had a new shield on his back. He seemed to radiate a new confidence I'd never felt in his presence before.

"Now, I broke my left shoulder a while ago. So I'd advise not making me work too hard. Oz would kill you two if I injure myself again." He called out again, now walking towards us.

He walked with a newfound purpose. He didn't even have an indication that he had injured himself too badly.

"What gives you the right to say such things to my sister?" Weiss demanded from beside me.

"Trust me Ice Princess, this isn't the first time I've taunted someone older than me." He playfully called out.

"So you're the kid Oz told us about, huh?" Uncle Qrow questioned him.

"Yeah. Not surprised he mentioned me." He answered. "Given all that's going on right now."

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" We all heard the loud voice of Professor Goodwitch yell out to us.

"Hello Professor Goodwitch, guess who?" (Y/N) asked, before being slapped by Goodwitch's riding crop. "Ok, why did I get slapped? I'm the one who stopped the fight."

"You three will be coming with me." Goodwitch pointed at (Y/N), Uncle Qrow, and Winter respectively.

"Yes mom." Uncle Qrow whined.

(Y/N)'s POV.

We all walked to Oz's office to talk about what happened recently.

"So it's true? You really are the reincarnated hero?" Qrow asked after prolonged silence.

"Yeah. I remember most of my adventures from before my death." I confessed. "There's still a few gaps in my memory, but it's mostly there."

We would have continued the conversation, but we had arrived at Ozpin's office. We all walked into the room, only to be greeted to the sight of Oz and Ironwood talking. At least I assumed they were, given that they turned and looked at us as we walked into the room. Oz's eyes widened when he saw my new outfit alongside my shield and bow and quiver.