The Lost Kingdom Of Hyrule

(Y/N)'s POV.

"You have everything you need?" Oz asked, sounding like a concerned parent.

"For the last time, everything that I might need is packed." I gave him a grin. "Besides, how often did I actually bring the required materials for adventuring?"

"Not too often." He admitted. "Just trying to make sure you won't die while trying to find the sword that can finally defeat Ganondorf."

"Are you positive that you don't need assistance?" Professor Goodwitch asked, showing a rare instance of concern.

"I'll be fine. It's a terrain I've traversed numerous times." I said, quite cockily honestly.

We were currently standing just outside the Bullhead that would fly me over to Hyrule. Oz had been worried I'd forget something important and I'd end up dead with no one to find my body.

"Well, guess I'm off now." I said, not fully prepared mentally.

"Remember, if anything goes wrong, call us and we'll send reinforcements." Oz reminded me.

"I know, you've only reminded me about thirty times in the last 15 minutes." He flinched slightly. "I'll be fine."

"I'll hold you to that." He replied almost immediately.

The flight to Hyrule was extremely uneventful. The most curious part was the constant tornadoes that appeared to surround the island. Thanks to the pilots impeccable piloting abilities, however, we emerged unscathed.

"Where would you like to land sir?" The pilot asked.

"Near the ruins of the castle." I said, before a thought occurred to me. "And just (Y/N) is fine. I'm no sir."

"Understood si- (Y/N)." The pilot acknowledged.

He descended out of the sky and touched down about 20 kilometres away from the castle in a ruined town.

"Here you are. If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing here?" The pilot asked.

"Discover my past." The pilot had a confused look, but shrugged it off and took off back to the sky. "At least, I hope."

With that last thought, I began my departure towards the castle. As I trekked towards the castle I noticed that the buildings were absolutely demolished. The wood was decayed, and the stone was crumbling. The grass was overgrown, and the soil in some places was overturned.

"Is this the after effects of the clash between me and Ganondorf?" I thought out loud.

Apparently no one wanted to repair Hyrule after the clash between me and Ganondorf, based upon the buildings and the castle. The castle itself looked like it might have been elegant at one point in time, but with time it had become harsh on the eyes. It's roofs were destroyed, the walls were destroyed, and the wall protecting the castle had massive holes that had been blown into them. I arrived at the castle and noticed that there appeared to be a room outside the castle that was well maintained.

"What the?" I questioned under my breath.

I walked towards the building, knocking on the door when I arrived. I heard someone shuffle around, before an old man peered out the door holding a small sword in his hand tightly.

"H-hello? Who are y-" He started, before seeing my face. "You're the Goddess' Chosen Hero."

"I guess so." I hesitantly agreed.

"If you're here, then that means that Ganondorf has returned as well." He muttered.

"You know of Ganondorf?" I asked, pretty shocked.