Ancient Temple Spelunking

(Y/N)'s POV.

I stood staring up at the entrance to the temple. Impa had told me that it was called the Woodfall Temple, and it was located in a swampy area. I  wrinkled my nose in disgust as the smell once again hit my nose.

"Of all the places to go to, it had to be a swamp." I groaned.

I decided to get it over with and entered into the temple to retrieve whatever gear was in here. The smell intensified as I got closer to the swamp. I looked around and saw there were a few trees that I could swing from. I reached into one of my pouches that were around my waist where I stashed my grappling hook. I pulled it out and looked for the best tree branch to swing from. I quickly found it, and reeled my arm back, and flung the grappling hook forward. It wrapped around the branch a few times, before the hook wrapped around the rope. I gave it a few tugs to make sure it was secure, before I started swinging back and forth, building up momentum before I jumped and pulled the hook with me. I felt a bit of resistance, before i heard a snap and felt the resistance cease to exist. I landed and rolled to soften my landing. I went to tuck my grappling hook away, when I felt something weird.

"Huh. Looks like I broke the branch." I said, pulling the broken branch out of my hook. "Guess I'll have to find another way back."

I made a mental note to make sure to look for an alternate exit method after I retrieved whatever was in the temple. I walked towards the temple entrance, and descended down the stairs. As I walked down the stairs, the stench of the swamp decreased drastically.

"Thank Hylia that smell isn't as potent down here." I muttered.

I heard a brief clap of thunder outside, despite being underground.

"I'm only joking." I called out.

I could have sworn I heard a sigh being carried on the wind.

"Ever the dramatic one." I sighed, before walking down the last few steps.

All of a sudden, a lightning bolt struck the floor, mere inches from my feet. I made another mental note to avoid joking around with the Goddess Hylia. There was a sign near the bottom of the stairs that was written in the ancient Hylian text.

'Beware thee who enter this temple. Only the Goddess' chosen hero can claim the treasure within. To complete the task before you, you must collect all 15 stray fairies.'

'Of course I do. Why can't things ever be simple?' I thought.

I gave the room I was in a brief glance around. It was a simple chamber, with three doors leading into different rooms. I wasn't sure if there were rooms that branched from those rooms, but as of right now there were only three rooms to check out.

"I really hope that whatever I get, it's worth it." I grumbled as I walked into the door ahead of me.

I entered the door, and was immediately hit with another disgusting smell, this one much worse than the one outside. It took a few seconds to realise I was smelling acid that covered the ground. There were different platforms that were elevated above the poison, forming a pathway, to a ladder that led to an upstairs area.

"Thank Hylia I didn't fall in there." I exclaimed, backing away from the acid.

Looking around, I could see three distinct pink glows from the room. Two downstairs and one upstairs. Assuming that they were the fairies I was looking for, I began to hop from one platform to another. There was a pot that was emitting the glow that had been the closest to me.

"Let's hope Hylia isn't too mad at me for this." I whispered, pulling my sword out.

I swung my sword at the pot, shattering it completely. Reaching forward quickly, I snatched the fairy out of midair. It seemed to melt into my body, fusing with me somehow.