SHAMAY

CHAPTER ONE SHAMAY:  It was eight in the morning and I was just opening my eyes to the sweet sunshine on a sunny spring morning. Today was extra special cause today I Shamay was the sweet sixteen. I have been living with my dad every since I was born . My mom walked out on us when I was younger and no I didn't hate her but i did have my burning questions. For instance what was so important that she had to leave and not even come to visit? Well I guess I'll have to ask her one day if I ever see her again. I got out of bed and proceeded to gather my things for my shower I knew my dad would have a hot & ready breakfast just waiting for me like he does every morning. My life was good I went to school and did anything a normal kid could possibly think of doing . As I was taking my shower I was thinking of all the gifts I would receive and the places I would go. My dad always planed something special for all my birthdays and now that I am sixteen I knew he was going to do it big. After my shower and everything was done I decided to head downstairs to await my day to get started but when I got to the bottom I saw  my dad arguing with this women and for some strange reason I felt as if nothing would be the same again.
"Drew I'm not going to say it again she's coming with me."
"Are you crazy or insane you haven't been around since she was five months old Sara and you expect me to just be okay with you taking my only child away from me?"
"Listen drew I'm here now and by the looks of things she deserves to be with me what the hell are you teaching her anyway?"
"I'm teaching her how to stay a child she's only sixteen what the hell should I be teaching her?"
"Drew this child is never going to grow if you keep her as a child she needs to learn how to get by on her own not how to be a child, just go get her stuff ill take it from here you're doing it all wrong."
Watching them go back and forth was giving me a headache and I wasn't going to spend my birthday like this so I had to say something before this argument turned to something else...
"I don't mean to interrupt but dad is right you haven't been around mom so what are you doing here now ? As you can see I love my life and dad is doing a great job raising me so what else do I need to learn from you Ms. Sara?"
"First of all lil bitch my name is Mama and you will not disrespect me now get upstairs and get yo things and come on cause I don't have all day to wait."
"Who the hell is lil bitch?" I thought to myself I just shook it off and blamed it on her being tired. I could tell that this Sara women was a different type of women but then again I still had a curiosity of getting to know her and always wanted to know what is was like to be raised by her and if she was as cool as daddy was. So I decided to try it out with her for a minute and still see my dad whenever I could.
"Dad look I love you and I appreciate you being the father that you are but if mom wants to raise me why don't we let her try?"
"Are you sure sweetie that's a big step?"
"Of course she's sure Drew get out yo damn feelings and let her live." Sara interrupted me and spoke in my place.
I placed a smile on my face not to seem rude and walked over to my dad and gave him a hug and told him that I would see him soon .
A few hours later me and Sara was on our way and the first place we went was the liquor store.
"Um why are we here" I asked Sara
"It's your birthday right?"
"Yeah but that doesn't explain why we're here."
"Look Shamay its time to have fun and grow up when I was around your age I was smoking drinking and partying and now it's your turn to live and have fun."
"Look I don't want to be rude but I don't do those things and as a mother you shouldn't be teaching me these habits."
She burst into laughter and went into the store. When she came back out she passed me a bottle and demanded me to drink it. I wasn't use to this at all and became a little fearful but after her yelling at me and calling me a pussy I had no choice but to enjoy my drink and smile.
After awhile I became hungry and asked her could we eat? She made me pay for my own meal and not wanting to be a disappointment I did. Later that night we arrived at these apartments and I was glad cause I was tired but when we walked in a ton of guys were hanging around smoking and playing cards and lil miss Sara just joined them so I found me a corner and sat down and drifted off into a deep sleep. Happy Birthday To Me.
Copyright © 2019 candies williams