x.

"Woah...this place looks amazing Josephine!" Eleanor squealed as she entered the home. 

The living area/sunroom of the home was fully decorated now. Flowers, vines, and other types o plants were wrapping themselves around the columns and ceiling in the old home. 

Eleanor didn't know what to look at first, her and Anne were staring at the ceiling with gaped mouths as they watched small petals start to slowly float down from the spring breeze entering through the open windows and doors. 

"It does look amazing doesn't it?" Josephine sighed as her eyes began to water. 

"Aunt Josephine? Are you alright?" Diana asked as she grasped onto her Aunt and led her to a seatie in the corner. 

"Fine, fine...don't you worry about me Diana. I'm just going to be a little emotional today, this was supposed to be Gertrude day." Josephine sighed as she pulled out a small handkerchief and dabbed at her eyes. 

"I'm sure Gertrude is watching from Heaven, Josephine. She's probably thrilled out of her mind at how beautiful the place looks." Cole exclaimed as he patted Josephine's shoulder. 

"I'm sure she is." Josephine smiled and patted all of the kids shoulders. 

"Guest will be arriving shortly, Mrs Josephine." Alfred's voice startled the group as they all slightly jumped. 

"Thank you Alfred." Josephine nodded before grabbing Cole's hand and helping herself up. 

She patted her dress down and wiped off her sleeves before securing tucking the little handkerchief into her pocket.

Eleanor caught a glimpse of a golden "G" imprinted on the white lace, a smile etched to her lips. 

"Oh! And Mrs Parks, you have a letter from a Mr. Blythe waiting for you in the common room." Alfred whispered. 

Before anyone could react, Eleanor was already racing towards the front room and dived at the envelope that was sitting at the table. The familiar smell of wood and home made her smile slightly. 

Eleanor glanced up to see Diana, Anne, and Cole all staring at her with large and goofy grins plastered on their lips. 

"Can I help you all?" Eleanor asked as she carefully pulled the letter closer to her chest. 

"Oh! Not at all, we're just waiting to see if Gilbert is going to pop out of that letter and propose to you right here by the way you raced in here." Anne giggled as Diana and Cole both laughed. 

"Oh shove off!" Eleanor grumbled and started up the stairs and towards her guest room. 

"Oh come on Eleanor! You know we were only joking!" Cole chuckled. 

"And that's why I don't expect any of you to be in the same room as me as I read my letter, who know's what kind of joke you'll pull then!" Eleanor huffed as she shut her door right in their faces. 

The sound of the three giggling made their way down the hallway and stairs, Eleanor let out a shake breath before carefully opening the letter. 

----

To my dearest Eleanor, 

It sounds like days are boring at Diana's Aunt's house, but hopefully the party will satisfy your boredom. If not, you know you could always come home and stay with me and Bash. 

Oh! I forgot to tell you about that, Bash is staying with me and he's going to help me on the farm since I need some help on it. I know you've offered to help with the animals and things, but I couldn't imagine seeing your face if you got dirt on your fancy dress.