xix.

"Shh everyone here they come!" Ruby shooshed as she and the other girls knelt down behind the Barry's couch. 

"This is so exciting!" Tilly squealed as Josie rolled her eyes. 

"Anne hurry! She's just this way!" Diana's voice carried through the halls as the girls burst through the doorway. 

"Surprise!" All the girls yelled as Anne and Diana stopped in the living room. 

"Oh my!" Anne yelped as her eyes scanned the room, a smile creeped across her face as she blushed. 

"Happy birthday Anne! How's it feel to be sixteen?" Eleanor asked as she walked over and grabbed Anne's hands, leading her over to the table of yummy goodies the Barry's had got delivered from France. 

"I feel the same, but more mature." Anne beamed as she and the other girls sat down on the floor to eat the desserts. 

The girls dug into the desserts and teased Anne about how old she was, Eleanor smiled as she watched her friends happy face. She had been slightly nervous for Anne's birthday since her's was coming up shortly, she couldn't stand the fact that she was going to be 17 in the next few days.

"This is lovely girls, thank you so much." Anne let out a soft sigh as she sat down her teacup. 

"We would do anything for you Anne, we love you so much." Diana giggled as Anne attacked her into a hug. 

(Time skip: 2 hours) 

"Are you sure you have to go?" Diana asked as she hugged Eleanor. 

Anne gently removed Eleanor's coat off of the coat wrack before helping her into it. 

"I really must be, Mary might be needing help with Delphine. I don't think she's had much time to herself since Dell's been born." Eleanor sighed as she allowed the coat to hang loosely off her arms, pulling her hands into her leather gloves. 

"Well if you must go, be careful. It's almost time for the coyotes to be out." Anne warned as she gave Eleanor a kiss to the cheek. 

Eleanor turned and blew a kiss and a wave to the rest of the girls before excusing her leave and walking towards the path home. 

Her feet crunched in the snow before turning to water, the snow had started to melt and she couldn't be more excited. Spring was coming soon, and she couldn't wait to pick more flowers and walk through the beautiful green grass fields behind her home. 

Home

"I wonder how Alvin and Harvey are doing." she thought aloud. 

It had been about time for Alvin to leave for college, Harvey was much to young to start primary school still. She hadn't seen the two in so long and she missed them dearly, she had been meaning to visit but she couldn't bare the thought of seeing her mother and father. 

Though her father had probably already gone back to New York, her mother would probably have a few not nice words to say to her. 

Before Eleanor knew it, she had arrived back home. 

The house lights were still dimly lit with candles as she stopped the snow off her boots and clamored through the doors into the warm house. 

"Don't let the warm air out!" Bash yelled from the kitchen. 

Eleanor smiled as she rolled her eyes before shutting the door and slipping the towel underneath it like Bash always does. He says it "helps keep the cold out and the warm in" but Eleanor highly doubts the thin towel does anything.