xiv.

PLEASE READ: 

Thank you all so much for 1k reads! I am beyond excited and thankful for y'alls support, I really never expected this story to go any farther than a few updates. But here we are! Almost halfway through the book! You all have been so kind and thank you for supporting me and my story, I'll be trying to update more often. 

I'm still in High School, so I still have exams and EOT's, so for these next two weeks I"ll need your patience in publishing chapters and writing. I'll be posting updates soon on when my new uploading schedule is going to be.

Thank you!

Happy Reading!

~Emma

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eleanor's foot tapped nervously as she was sitting on the couch, waiting for Gilbert's arrival. The clock ticked slowly in the corner, reading "6:08" he was already 8 minutes late, not making a good first impression on her father.

A knock on the door made her leap up, she raced towards the door and swung it open. An out of breath and curly haired Gilbert stood smiling before her, with a bouquet of bright flowers in each of his hands.

"My apologies for being late Mr and Mrs Parks, I was waiting fro the florist to finish these bouquets." Gilbert bowed slightly as he handed a bouquet to each Eleanor and her mother.

"Oh Gilbert, thank you for these! Their lovely." Laura grinned and slipped them into an empty vase.

Eleanor gave Gilbert a small kiss on the cheek before handing the flowers to her mother to go put in a vase as well.

Mr Parks rose from his seat, his large muscular build (and average beer gut) made it's way over to Gilbert. The young boy seemed to coward slightly before clearing his throat and sticking his hand out.

"I'm Gilbert Blythe sir, son of John Blythe." Gilbert stated in a proper well posh accent.

Henry eyed the boy before reaching his hand out and taking the boys, he gave it a firm handshake before nodding towards the couch.

"Eleanor go get us some whiskey from the cabinet, get the top shelf stuff. None of that cheap shit Alvin likes." Henry grumbled as he flopped down onto the couch.

"Yes father." Eleanor nodded before turning away and walking over to the liquor cabinet in the corner of the living room.

She gently poured two glasses and made sure to water Gilbert's down slightly with some water and ice cubes. He was not a big drinker, and she knew he would appreciate the watered down whiskey. 

Henry was roaring with laughter as Eleanor turned back around with the two glasses in her hands. She gently sat the two glasses down before them, she pulled out a pack of cigars and set them down with a box of matches.

"Good, now go help your mother with dinner." Henry shooed her off.

"Yes sir, can I get you two anything else while I"m here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"No girl, go." Henry grumbled before lighting up a cigar and taking a swig from his whiskey.

Eleanor narrowed her eyes at her father before spinning around and starting for the kitchen. Where her mother was setting up the table with the nice china as Alvin was helping pour drinks.

"How is it going? Does he like Gilbert?" Alvin asked as Eleanor gently stirred the pot of mashed potatoes.

"I can't tell, he was laughing at something he said, so I suppose he doesn't mind him." Eleanor shrugged.