xx.

"Mary! I'm home!" Eleanor yelled as she walked into her home. 

"I'm in here! Theres someone I wish for you to meet." Mary's voice echoed down the hall, along with the hushed whispers of a man. 

Eleanor slipped off her coat before gently hanging it up and hurrying into the kitchen. She jumped slightly when she noticed a man sitting at the kitchen table, he resembled Mary in many ways. They had the same nose, same complexion, and the same crooked smile. 

"Uh...hello." Eleanor said awkwardly as she swayed from left to right. 

"Eleanor, this is my son...Elijah." Mary grinned ear to ear. 

"It's lovely to meet you Miss Eleanor, Mary here has told me plenty about you and your infamous cooking." Elijah winked as he placed a soft kiss to the top of her hand. 

"Oh...thank you." Eleanor gave him a soft smile before she heard the cry of Delphine. 

"I'll get her." Mary smiled before hurrying off into the other room. 

Eleanor watched as Mary left the room before turning back to Elijah, he had a look of shock written on his face. 

"Look who's here Delly, it's your big brother." Mary cooed as she gently bounced the baby, bringing it over to Elijah. 

"Would you like to hold her?" Mary asked as she started to give the baby to him, but he quickly backed away and shook his head. 

"I'm home!" Bash smiled as he came walking in the through the back door, tracking in mud. 

"Bash! I've told you about the boots." Eleanor chuckled as she grabbed one of the cleaning rags and tossed it to him. 

"My apologies Eleanor, I was just excited to see my girls." Bash grinned as he noticed Mary holding Delphine, his eyes narrowed slightly at Elijah. 

"How you been keeping Bash?" Elijah asked as he shook Bash's hand. 

"Been hoping to see you out here Elijah." Bash nodded. 

"Well I guess it was about high time I came down here to visit, I just never expected to see so many faces all at once I suppose." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Yep, since we moved into Gilbert and Eleanor's home, it's been a little busy." Mary giggled. 

Elijah nodded his head before sneaking a quick glance to Eleanor who was staring daggers at him as he tried to give him a soft smile. 

"Mary, would you like me to take Delphine and change her?" Eleanor asked as she gently grabbed the baby. 

"Thank you Elle, I'll be getting lunch ready." Mary smiled. 

Eleanor quickly and swiftly walked from the room and into Mary and Bash's room where Delphine stays. She gently unbuttoned Delphine's bottoms while humming a soft tune to relax the sleepy baby girl. 

"You've got a voice like silk you know, I think Delphine agrees with me." Elijah's voice made Eleanor jump slightly. 

She muttered a quick "thanks" before trying to return back to changing Delphine. 

Delphine let out a small cry as Eleanor put her little pants back on, Eleanor was quick to pick the baby up and jump her gently. 

"Would you like to hold her?" Eleanor asked as she noticed Elijah staring at the baby. 

"I'm filthy from travels, wouldn't want to dirty up the shiny new baby." Elijah scoffed. 

Eleanor narrowed her eyes at the boy before starting for the kitchen, she could feel Elijah's judge eyes staring at her before she turned the corner.