xvi.

"Eleanor hurry! We don't want to be caught!" Anne yelled as she held her hands out towards her running friend. 

Eleanor glanced over to the train shed, the conductor of the train was finishing off his smoke before he tossed it too the ground and smashed it with his foot. 

She gasped before quickly jumping into the boxcar, Moody quickly slammed the door shut as everyone let out a shaky breath of relief. 

"That was close." Ruby giggled. 

"Tell me about it." Diana said as she leaned back. 

"Well at least we made it, I can feel the train taking off!" Moody grinned. 

The group cheered and high fives as the large train kicked off with a start, the smell of coal and smoke quickly wafted past their nose as they chugged along the tracks. 

"If the coast is clear, I'm going to open the door slightly for some breeze. I'm sweating like a sinner in church." Eleanor said as she fanned her face. 

The group nodded in response, Eleanor walked over to the door and gently slid it back, allowing enough room for her to sit down and kick her feet out into the open. 

A soft and warm breeze quickly filled the cart, the entire group sighed in relaxation as they all were instantly cooled down. 

"So what do we do when we get there?" Eleanor asked as she swung her legs back and forth, which were surprisingly close to the tracks whisking past her down below. 

"Me and Anne will go try to change these items for some lightbulbs while you and Ruby go buy potatoes and wire. We have to be quick about this, the town meeting is in less than four hours and the train ride will take up half of that time." Diana explained.

"Got it, Ruby?" Eleanor asked as she waved her hand infront of the girls face. 

Ruby snapped out of her daydream and cocked her head to the side, ready to listen to whatever Eleanor had to say. 

"You get the potatoes, I'll find the wire. Stay close." Eleanor stated, Ruby nodded before going back to daydreaming. 

"Great, we're all good with the plan." Anne beamed. 

"Hey wait! What do I do?" Moody asked. 

"Uh...you go with us and you can carry the lightbulbs." Diana shrugged. 

Eleanor glanced at Anne, the two made eye contact before giving each other a "maybe it isn't a good idea to let Moody carry the lightbulbs" kind of look. A look that only two good friends would be able to share, a look that held so many words with such a simple look. 

"Cool! I'll be sure to not drop them." Moody grinned. 

"Let's hope so." Eleanor mumbled, making the group laugh. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, coast is clear. We jump on my command, ready?" Eleanor asked as she was crouched by the door. 

"Ready!" the group whispered. 

"3, 2, 1!" Eleanor yelled and pulled the door open. 

"Going somewhere?" Gilbert's voice made the entire group scream and jump back. 

Eleanor held onto her heart as she was still crouched, ready in jumping position along with the rest of the group.

"Gilbert! Why on Earth would you do that?" Eleanor sighed out as she grabbed his shoulders.