Chapter 7 -Welcome to the Pack

---Seth's POV---

Zayne was slowly getting better; his shaking had finally lessened, along with his drooling. My eyes flitted to the IV bag, noticing that it was nearly halfway before I groaned softly and stretched out, glancing back at the pup.

Alice was still cleaning him up a bit, drying the pup with a hand towel and fluffing it up in the process. Sadly, his leg still hasn't healed, a true reflection of how bad his condition was at the moment. If any one of us broke our leg, it would be healed by the end of the day.

Zayne's leg hasn't even started the healing process yet.

The bed jolted slightly as Wyatt sat down, drawing my eyes to him. He reached a hand out and slowly rubbed Zayne's body, his fingers feather light as they traced through the little Omega's fur.

His green eyes stood guarded when he gingerly brushed over one of Zayne's many scars before he sighed and sat back, shaking his head and mumbling softly to himself. Alice shot him a look but focused back on Zayne as she slowly lifted his lip to check on his teeth.

I leaned forwards, expecting to look at a muzzle full of baby teeth that would fit with his tiny form but I was stunned when I saw the worn canines of an adult wolf. The room was completely silent, safe for the silent dripping of Zayne's IV.

"Shit...Man, that...that's just messed up." Greg cursed, rubbing a hand through his hairs before sagging down on the bed. The rest of the pack was equally astonished, a thick silence lingering in the pack link. Despite not knowing his exact age, it was difficult to look at the small pup lying there while trying to remember we were actually looking at a fully adult wolf.

"Wolves are considered adult when they're 17 so we know he's older than that." I added silently, nuzzling the soft fur in Zayne's neck before Alice pushed me away, gently but still firm. With a low grumble, I stalked to the end of the bed before sitting down, twitching my ears with a lowered head.

I know little about Omegas, since they were rather rare in the packs. But what I did know about them were random facts that we couldn't use in our current situation. Ugh, I had the feeling that there was something missing...but what?

Hopping off the bed, my paws started pulling me back and forth the wall, Greg snorting and shaking his head at my pacing. I only tilted my ear at him once, not dignifying him with any other response.

There must be a way that I can help the Omega...How?

My mind drew me back to when I first came into the pack and I had to scoff; back then, I was scared shitless of the guys, a pack of ten wolves who were all bigger than me. In my eyes, they acted weird, unlike a normal pack should act.

"The Omega feels the same way no doubt." I silently mused to myself, turning at the small table and ignoring the way how my claws barely caught on the soft carpet. Each step that I took was a step in my past, knowing that there was no way to help Zayne past his apprehension towards the pack.

Only time could heal those wounds. But I remembered the first few weeks I had spent in the pack in a similar way; shivering and shaking in fear, wondering when these wolves were going to act normal, and dreading the moment they would.

Wyatt's head shot up, dark blonde hair slightly curling against his cheeks as he stared at me with an intrigued expression. "Of course!" He suddenly exclaimed, smiling brightly as he nodded to himself.

"Why didn't we think of that sooner, you're right Seth! Its just like when you were introduced to the pack; you were running on instincts!" He spoke to the others as I sat down, tilting my head in confusion.