Chapter 14 - New additions

---Marcus' POV---

I know I shouldn't but when Zayne accepted the petting and even slowly relaxed, settling down to enjoy our love, man... Hearing a soft chuckle, I glanced up at Wyatt as he shook his head and grinned back.

Yeah, my face was splitting apart by the huge grin I was sporting, not to mention the smug smirk my wolf held. He was more than proud that we were able to get through to Zayne, to let the little Omega trust us.

Zayne huffed softly, a barely noticeable whine slipped from his lips when Sebastian gently rubbed over his stomach. Even know, with the pup slowly relaxing and accepting us, it was still afraid.

I sighed deeply, the elation slowly simmering away. It was probably a trait that wasn't going to leave Zayne. He'd always stay hesitant of strangers; I just hope he was willing to completely trust his pack.

My fingers traced through the pup's fur, feeling the soft and fluffy hairs tickle my palm. His wolf had retained almost everything from puppyhood, from the soft, silky fur down to his size.

Cute.

Zayne's ears twitched, as if reacting to my thoughts before he glanced up. His ears flickered upwards, though the tip of his right one uselessly flopped forwards, heightening his overall cuteness and unintentionally making my wolf growl with protectiveness.

"Zayne's past is going to stay in the past. No-one is going to touch our little Omega." He snarled through my head, whining when Zayne's golden eyes widened slightly when a door opened nearby.

Instantly, the formerly relaxed pup in my arms was one shivering fluffy ball of fearful nerves as it sniffed at the air and whined. Frowning slightly, I followed his example and understood why he was so tense.

"The Southerners have arrived." Wyatt mumbled as he stared at the hallway while I rolled my eyes. "With a lot of unnecessary noise." I added, glaring at the gathering of wolves as they shook their fur and padded into the room.

They stopped at Zayne's fearful whimper, ears pitching and tails starting to wag when their eyes landed on our Omega. They went to walk forwards but stopped instantly when Zayne whimpered and shook, scrambling to hide from the pack of strangers.

I don't know why but after a nudge from my wolf, I allowed him to be in control and shifted, surprising the already startled Zayne before I gently picked him up by the scruff. When Zayne instantly stilled, I jumped back on the seat that he jumped from and laid him beside me before gently grabbing his muzzle in my jaws.

Zayne whimpered softly, his racing heartbeat slowly calming down as his wolf recognized the instinctual behavior. It was a sign from my wolf to his that he could trust me; even if he were in a vulnerable position, I wouldn't harm him in any way.

I ignored the other wolves walking around the room while their Alpha walked in, chatting with Lee. All of my focus was on Zayne as I slowly released the pup and started grooming his fur, further relaxing him.

The grooming stopped when one of the other wolves, which I knew to be Xavier, dared to come closer in an attempt to sniff at Zayne. My tongue flicked over my canines as I bared them, ears flattening aggressively while a low, warning growl rumbling through my chest while Zayne crawled up against me and hid his tiny head.

Xavier got the message and I stopped snarling as soon as he backed off. With one last glare and a snort, I gave Zayne a reassuring nudge with my nose and grinned when the little Omega cautiously peeked its head out of its shelter.

I could tell that they all wanted to come over and meet Zayne, his charm already succeeded in wrapping them around his little paw. As soon as his wet little nose and golden eyes peered above my back, the others were all wriggling on the spot, begging to have an Omega's attention.