Bonus Chapter - Marcus & Zayne

---Zayne's POV---

I held my breath as I looked over my mate's shoulder, feeling a smile slip on my lips. The room was quiet save for the little whimpers and whines coming from the small basinet. Both Logan and Alice were glowing, constantly caressing their newborn twins, reassuring them and holding the little pups close.

The whole pack-house had been in a frenzy when Alice went into labor, especially since she was the usual pack doctor but luckily she had thought ahead and contacted a good friend of Pack Law.

Good thinking too, because Logan wasn't thinking straight once he got one whiff of Alice's water breaking. The man had gone on a rampage, nearly breaking every room in the house as he had picked Alice up and dashed her to the small built in clinic, only to reverse and bring her back to their room when he realized it would be more comfortable for her to give birth there.

When Alice had yelped out in pain from her first contractions, Terrance and Lee had to actually pin Logan down as his wolf trashed around. Wanting to protect its mate even if there was no external source of her pain.

Thankfully everything went along smoothly and Logan had soon been allowed back into the room, as to not miss the birth of his pups.

I glanced at Logan and bit my lip. He seemed slightly dazed, eyes wide and a goofy grin on his face as he kneeled beside the bed to nuzzle his squirmy pups. Each time either of the pups whined, he'd lean over to check what the fuss was about before brushing his hand over them, dousing the pups in his scent.

His instincts were very much alive and on the surface, much like my own. I was very eager to shift and nuzzle up to the small pups, to sniff them and groom them to get to know the two newcomers.

But all in due time. Being born was enough excitement for one day and I'm quite sure that both Alice and Logan wouldn't let anyone near the pups for the next few days. Parental instincts were almost impossible to ignore.

"Come on love... let's give them some privacy." Marcus whispered in my ear, hugging me close to his body. I leaned against his chest and relaxed before nodding. It was clear to see that Logan was holding back his wolf from shifting and curling up to his mate and pups.

Inhaling deeply, my wolf purred at the nesting scent of newborn pups, which had an instant calming effect on the mind. My heart-rate slowed and emotions mellowed out until I just opened my eyes with a soft smile.

I'm quite sure everyone was going to be walking around in a nearly drugged state for the next few weeks. A failsafe of the pup's wolves to make sure the pups were born in a calm and non-volatile environment. 

No wonder why the scent is so addictive... Its so nice to feel completely relaxed and at peace...

Everywhere I looked, there were wolves nearly passed out from the heavy pheromones wafting through the hallways, all with a goofy smile spread on their lips and lethargic movements.

I grinned as I spotted Dorian standing in the hallway, nose in the air and mouth slightly opened before he shook his head and stumbled downstairs. Still, I couldn't blame him as the scent was indeed powerful and slowly permating the whole house.

"Well, the pack is going to be quite docile, though I worry for any fool getting inside the boundaries unannounced." Marcus chuckled at Terrance's statement, nodding slightly. "Yeah, the scent might calm us down when we're at peace but any unknown intruder will instantly trigger our defensive sides. Never mess with a pack with newborns under their wings."

Terrance snorted at that. "No shit, even an Alpha has to back up for a she-wolf with pups. I even recall that my own mom snapped at my father for getting too excited around us."

My smile dropped slightly as they shared memories of their mother's protectiveness, while I pondered over my own past. I didn't recall much of being a pup and being with my siblings. My memories of that time were vague at best.

I only had memories of warm, wriggling bodies, a comforting scent that belonged to my mother and a cold nose nudging against our bellies.

Still, beter than nothing I guess.

The sound of stuff breaking and excited giggling made me roll my eyes as I pressed myself firmly against the wall, already predicting what was going to happen. Just like I expected, a blonde little boy careened around the corner, giggling as he looked behind to where Sebastian was chasing him.

"Koda! How the hell did you find that cookie jar? Get back here this instant!" Koda laughed, dodging his father while holding onto the jar firmly, a cookie pressed between his lips and bright blue eyes glittering with mischief.

Koda had finally shifted to his human form and seemed to have taken a liking to it. Especially because he could now easily access any treats his parents desperatly tried to hide from the boy.

We had all had started to hide the cookie jars on the upper cupboards but Koda adapted quickly and had soon learned how to climb up the counters to get his favorite sweets.

The boy let out an exited, albeit muffled yip and ran around the couch until Sebastian managed to snatch him up. The instant he was pinned, Sebastian started tickling Koda to the point the boy was giggling like crazy.

"Pee! Gotta pee!" Koda squealed as Sebastian laughed along with him before carrying the boy to the bathroom.

"Come on love." Marcus murmured as his hands looped around my hips, pulling me into his hold. "Let's go and watch a movie." I yipped with excitement, pulling at his hands. Ever since they showed me the movies and I learned I was actually allowed to watch them, I had been watching them to the point where my mate actually had to pull me away from the screen.

Opening up the cupboards, my eyes flitted over the countless of DVD's stashed away, most of them unknown and a few viewed and fully enjoyed. It took me a while to pick one and by the time I had and turned around to hand it over to Marcus, he had already prepared some snacks.

I flushed a bright red as he smiled warmly, removing the disc from my hand and ushering me to the couch so he could deal with the whole set up. Five minutes later, I was curled up against my mate under a warm throw blanket, eyes riveted on the screen.

Well, my attention was split between the movie and the sensation of Marcus' fingers slowly combing through my hair as I laid stretched out against him. I knew he didn't mean anything with the gesture, just comfort and relaxation.

I didn't make it to the end of the movie, even if I tried my best. The sensation of my mate so close, the loving and petting I received was making my wolf purr contently and I slowly dozed off.

Feeling warm, protected and loved.

Just something warm and fluffy as a bonus chapter for you guys ;) Lemme know what you think