Chapter 27 - The Rogue Pack

---Zayne's POV---

Stumbling along with the rest of the pack, I felt more and more tense the closer we got to my former rogue pack. I could feel the faint power humming from the borders, unconsciously making me pause and bump into Dorian's wolf.

He gave me a reassuring lick and nudged me back to Marcus' wolf, who instantly turned around and nuzzled me lovingly.

"Everything okay Zayne?" Marcus' voice rang through my head and I nodded, sniffing the air slightly before I let out a whine, ear twitching slightly. The two pups behind me weren't any better off and I noticed that the pack acted as a whole and circled us.

We were safely in the core of the pack. Well, packs. All the Pack Law packs have sent a large group of their best fighters; some even came as the whole pack.

"Zayne?"

My ears flattened as I pressed myself against Marcus' throat while glancing up at the intimidating form of Cain. It was unsettling to see three identical men with the same posture and glare looking down at you but with the slightest whine, they quickly softened their expressions.

"Sorry, its just... I can feel we're close." I stated softly whilst looking down, eyes averting from the shifting men. Even the she-wolves averted their eyes, unlike Alice who was openly gazing at her mate's naked form.

Logan chuckled slightly as he noticed his buttocks were right in line of Alice's wolf, twitching the cheeks slightly before he grew more serious and crossed his arms. "So the pups and Zayne can feel the pack, thanks to their wolf's affinity with its birthing pack."

Cain nodded before grunting slightly, glaring off in the distance where the pack was located. His eyes slowly slid to mike, much to Terrance's furry as the Dire wolf growled threateningly, openly challenging the Alpha.

My ears flattened instantly as I recalled why there was bad blood between Terrance and the Alpha Quads. When I had suggested that there must be a member of Pack Law working together with the rogue pack, Cain had been rather suspicious of Mike.

The boy had instantly paled but spoke truthfully; he had nothing to do with the rogue pack. In fact, up until the day he had tried to retrieve me from Marcus and the pack's care before stumbling into Terrance's hands, he never knew about our kind.

Still, that didn't sooth Cain's suspicion, since Mike had been in direct contact with my so-called Alpha, Anton Sawyers, who was in fact a rogue who had managed to claim a pack for his own, along with his band of loyal followers.

But that had all happened before I was even born. What Cain didn't understand though, was why my mother would leave me after birth. Why not run away and take me with her? It didn't make any sense for any she-wolf to leave her pups behind, especially when it was the offspring between her and her true mate.

It was in fact quite possible that my unknown mother was the one spying for Sawyers and his pack. Cain had suggested that Sawyers had in fact allowed her escape and had kept me as a way to make sure she would uphold her end of the bargain.

My tiny head was spinning with the overload of information because I didn't know what to believe. Did she in fact want me and was forced to hand me over? Had she chosen willingly to dumb me in the cruel and abusive hands of Anton?

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt arms loop around my shivering body before I realized that Marcus tugged me against his chest and rubbed a soothing hand through my fur. "You'll be just fine Zayne, you'll see." He murmured along several other comforting words.

The rest of the group shifted back and scanned our surroundings. They were going to take the rogues by surprise, killing the invaders and anyone who threatened to harm pups or pregnant she wolves alike.