Chapter 35 - Scarred pasts and bright futures

---Quinton's POV---

The door closed behind me and for once, I didn't want to follow my brother. My wolf was tugging at my consciousness, wanting to go back to our pup. A slight whine slipped out when my wolf struggled to go back and my brother smiled knowingly.

"I know, its hard not to be around him. Hell, I didn't even know he was family... I'm an uncle?!" Lee spoke softly, a shocked smile slipping on his face as I grinned. "Yeah, I was kinda surprised too to learn I was...am a father."

I sighed, glancing back from where we came from in the hopes of catching a glimpse of my pup. Lee smiled warmly, squeezing my shoulder before guiding me down to his office.

"I can imagine that would be quite the surprise... but trust me, Zayne is an amazing pup." I grinned at the praise, eager to learn about my pup. Lee offered me a drink and leaned against his desk, smiling slightly as I hissed at the sharp sting of the alcohol.

Zayne...

"What kind of kid is he?" I questioned, setting my drink down with eager as Lee smiled. "Calm, quiet and polite...He's an Omega too, if you hadn't noticed." He added, making me huff slightly.

No wonder he was so frail and tiny...I felt like if I'd hug him, I'd possibly snap the lad in two...but why was he so on edge? And I did notice that, that wolf with his grubby hands all over my son.

A low, protective snarl slipped from my lips and I wasn't even sure if it was from my wolf. Neither of us liked the idea of anyone touching our son. And judging by Lee's amused smirk, he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Relax. Marcus is Zayne's mate and would rather kill himself than let any harm come over his little Omega." I huffed at the statement, feeling oddly torn between feeling happy that my boy had found his mate and my wolf wanting to fight the man just to make sure he was worthy enough.

Lee's face was thoughtful as he sat down across me, long legs resting on the couch as he stared at me. "How is it that you didn't know you had pups? And who is your mate?"

I sighed deeply, rubbing over my neck and swallowing in preparation for the long story. "I'll start with the beginning, I take it? Well, I had been traveling for quite some time, going from territory to territory in an attempt to find my mate. Almost given up hope too until I saw her running through a meadow one day."

A bright smile slid on my lips as I clearly remembered the white and grey wolf elegantly running past countless of birch trees, attempting to catch a young buck on her own. Instinct had guided me to aid her and together we had taken the young deer down.

We had bonded through the hunt and even with her slight distrust over a random stranger, she agreed to see me again.

"For some reason, I couldn't come along to her pack. She mentioned their Alpha being extremely ruthless, act first and ask questions later kind of attitude. Presumably he would've thought me as a rogue and killed me on the spot."

Lee made a small, disagreeing sound but at my questioning look he just shook his head, "I'll explain later, continue your story." Frowning slightly, I recounted how I met up night after night with the she-wolf, how she told me of the dreadful condition of living in the pack.

Growling softly, I shook my head. "I had been more than prepared to challenge the Alpha, to fight to the death so my mate could live freely, without fear. The moment I mentioned it though, Audrey freaked out. The Alpha would never fight fair and even if I did managed to force him into submission, the Beta and their closest followers would aid and kill me before letting the man be overthrown."