Chapter 4

Akira Pov

I had really hoped that I was wrong that it wasn't Naruto's and Sasuke's chakra signatures I felt with them. But here they are those two adorable little bundles now genin, staring at me with different expressions. It pain me to look at them, reminding me of some of my major failures and regrets. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR NOT GOING BACK!" I keep my emotions in check as my eyes fall on Naruto, "Just what it sounds like I'm not going back."

He growls at me, "And why not weren't you supposed to become Hokage?!" I chuckle dryly, "Geez and look what I got in return kid." I motion around me, "Tell me if you did everything I did how would you feel being left out here to rot away. While the people you protected move on with there lives spitting on your name?" He opens his mouth in response but closes it frowning angrily, I stand looking down at Chiho and Akrame.

"And I can't believe you two went along with this." Chiho sighs softly, "We are doing what we think is best for you Akira."

"Well its my life not yours." I spat back Akrame stands growling a little, "We just want to keep you safe." I turn to face her, with her still being a few inches taller than me.

"Look I could give a flying fuck what you want to do, stay here as long as you want but nothing is going to change my god damn mind." I hit my shoulder against hers walking towards my cabin and slam the door shut behind me. Resting my head against the door I try to even out my rigid breathing while listing to the conversation outside.

"Damn it why the hell is she so stubborn!" I peep out the curtain snorting slightly seeing Akrame stomp around angrily. "Akrame your killing the grass." My mouth twitches a little after everything I'm glad those two haven't changed that much. "Kakashi-sensei what are we going to do?" It's quiet for a few moments, "Well we're not going to give up so lets start setting up camp."

I scoff a little and move away from the door, like hell Hatake your the last person on this earth that's going to change my mind.

(Time skip night time,)

I run threw a forest heading to the shouting and screaming coming for the village, smoke covering the sky. Breaking threw I drop to my knees seeing the village completely destroyed, "No....." I whisper seeing the people I care about dead before me, the nine-tails roaring before me.

"A-Akira...." My head snaps up and I stumble my way to Papa, "No no no you can't die Papa!" Suddenly there's a sharp pain in my stomach, I look down to see a kunai as he pushes it deeper. I cough a up blood and collapse completely as he stands above me with a scowl. "W-Why...?" He looks at me with so much hate, "Why you asked god you really are pathetic, lets see you failed to protect me or Kushina and the whole village. You let two of my students die when you know you could have saved them. And the most embarrassing part is you can't even watch over your little brother."

I try and blink the tears away when Mom joins his side with my katana in her hand, "I don't know why we even took you in, a weak child like you. So out of pity I'll end it here." She raises the katan up and then I'm consumed by darkness once more.

I groan waking up only to have Chiho in my face, "Oh you are alive." I push her face away and sit up rubbing my head, "What the hell happened?" Akrame looks away looking guiltily, "I had come up with a new Genjutsu, seems it works a little to well....sorry."

Chiho helps me stand and I send Akrame a small smile, "Don't worry about it." Then Chiho kicks me in the side sending me flying across the training field, I bite my tongue in pain knowing I cracked a few ribs.

"The hell was that!?" Her eyes change into the Saishogan and see unseals her kusarigama, "Akira Yanka Hozuki by order of Danzo we are to get rid of you." I barely manage to block Akrame's scythe with a kunai her Saishogan was activated as well, "Nothing personal just following orders."

Before I could protest a katana goes straight threw my chest, blood spills put of my mouth and I collapse on the ground struggling to breath. Shizuka bends over me his sharingan activated and pats my check, "Sorry for the stab in the back ha pun intend but Danzo promised my your position. And I think I deserve it for putting up with you, but my main man here deserves to finish you off more."

Threw my blurry vision I make out Kakashi his hand crackling with Chidori, "K-Kakashi...." But his eyes where so lifeless as he raises his hand, as I close my eyes excepting my fate....

I shoot up gasping for breath clenching my chest, I look around frantically and let out a small whimper. "Its just a dream Akira your okay, they loved you...." I throw my covers off of me and slip my shoes on, I go threw my back door so I don't alert my 'guest'.

After walking a few feet away from the cabin I sit in the grass and fiddle with the pendent around my neck. "Nightmares?" I jump a little looking to my left, Hatake holds his hands in surrender. I look away quickly so he can't see the state I'm in, although it's sort of to late for that.

He slowly sits himself next to me and its silent between us, but surprisingly it's not awkward. "You know I'm not going to force you to come back right? Even if that means Lady Tsunade putting me in the hospital for the next month." My mouth twitches a little but I don't say a word, "I'm honestly just glade to see you....after all these years." His voice sounded so vulnerable as much as my brain tells me he's lying my heart knows he's not even after all this time.

Seeming to get the message that I'm not going to talk he speaks again, "You know Naruto's a lot like you, rambling about being the greatest Hokage ever. I can't tell him but he's got some pretty big acts to follow Minato-sensei and yours." I swallow thickly, "What's he like?"

My voice comes out a little raspy, "Well he loves pulling of pranks and always seems to fine trouble. He's a knucklehead all right but there's no one you can count on more than him, he is something special just like his big sister." I can't help but smile a little something I haven't done in a long time, "Now that I think about it him and Sasuke combine make you up in general, and that terrifies me a little." I snort a little and look at him from the corner of my eye to see him staring at me with a smile under that mask of his.

He doesn't say anything after that so we set the rest of the night in silence and watch the sun rise together. I stand and turn back towards the cabin, "You should go to you students Hatake, they'll more than likely want some training." I hear him chuckle a little, "Hai Akira."