chapter 05.

nostalgia, five

nostalgia, five.
it's a small town

Han Yebin went home with a lot of questions that day

Han Yebin went home with a lot of questions that day. She knew her wish would come true eventually, she just didn't think it'd happen so fast. She wanted to know if Jungwon was really who she thought he was. And she wanted to know why he didn't take the bus home.

     Part of her already knew that he was avoiding her.

     Earlier at school, she wanted to approach him. She didn't know what she was going to say, but she didn't have to worry about that anymore when he just walked past her like she wasn't there.

     Taeri and Micha said it was just because he was in a rush to leave, but Yebin was sure he'd seen her coming his way. How he acted on the bus that morning couldn't be a coincidence either. And now, while all the other Haean and Sanheoli students were on the way home, he was nowhere to be found.

     She thought that maybe she was just overthinking. Maybe it wasn't him after all. Maybe he didn't feel what she did.

     The girl practically jogged back to her house from the bus station, eager to get her questions answered by the one person she knew was always right.

     "Halmeoni!" Yebin spotted her grandmother seated in her lounge chair at the house porch, looking down at her tablet. "How do you know if you've met your soulmate?"

     "You'll know," the woman answered without looking up, too occupied with the drama she was watching.

     "That's not exactly the clearest answer." Yebin sighed sadly.

     "It's the most accurate one." Her grandmother shrugged. She then gasped and shut her tablet off completely. "You met him, didn't you?"

     "No, I-I'm not sure," Yebin said. "That's why I really need you to explain it to me."

     "Well," her grandmother began, pausing for a few moments. She racked her mind for what to say, as she never had to explain it to anyone. No one had ever asked her to. Finally, she turned to her granddaughter.