chapter 17.

nostalgia, seventeen

too many secrets

This particular Friday was a blessing and curse for the students of Haean High School

This particular Friday was a blessing and curse for the students of Haean High School. On the happier side, the entire afternoon was to be spent- well, however a spring break festival should be enjoyed.

     But the morning was torture. After pulling an all-nighter, Han Yebin was off to school for the last day of exams. She felt sick in her stomach, knowing that no matter how hard she studied, she'd forget everything the moment she saw the paper.

     She pushed through nonetheless, despite not finishing her History essay on time. But her anxiety was off the roof when she and her friends went over the questions, and her answers didn't match theirs.

     Micha assured her. "It's okay, Yebin-"

     "You're telling me you didn't answer 'a' for number twenty?" Yebin asked, distraught.

     Taeri and Micha exchanged looks, before shaking their heads. Yebin ran a frustrated hand through her hair, before continuing her lunch.

     "Hey, we need you for rehearsal."

     They looked up to see Kang Taehyun, with a walkie talkie in one hand and a clipboard in the other.

     Taeri nodded, moving to pack her lunch. "We'll be there in a second."

     "No, just Yebin." Taehyun stopped her. "We need her for a camera test."

     Yebin nearly choked on her noodles, coughing a bit as she rushed to grab her camera. She stood up, but leaned over the table once more.

     "Are you guys sure you didn't answer 'a'?"

     "Yebin!" Taehyun called.

     The girl quickly bent down for another bite of her noodles, before running. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

     Yebin heard whispering behind her as she met Taehyun, but looked back only to see Taeri and Micha waving her goodbye. She smiled and waved too.