chapter 31.

nostalgia, thirty-one

staring at the mirror

❛ staring at the mirror ❜

"Yah, look at this punk. You'd rather text your girlfriend than spend time with us?"

     Jungwon didn't bother to look up from his phone, knowing that Heeseung and the rest of his friends were staring him down with crossed arms and narrowed eyes. They were lounging around in his room anyway, he could do what he wanted.

     "She's not my girlfriend," Jungwon said in a sing-song voice, not a care in the world.

     Sunghoon leaned over curiously, bursting out in laughter when he caught sight of Yebin's KakaoTalk profile on Jungwon's screen. "He hasn't even texted her yet!"

     "At least I have someone to text." Jungwon raised an eyebrow at Sunghoon, who flipped him off with an irritated smile.

     "Why don't you invite her over?" Sunoo suggested.

     Jungwon shook his head. "My parents are home- it'd be a whole thing."

     "Just ask her if she wants to hang out," Sunoo insisted. "It's summer, I'm sure she's free."

     Jungwon hesitated, but decided to take his advice. Cautiously typing his sentence- before deleting it- then typing it again- rephrasing a few words- then hitting send.

yang jungwon
hey wanna hang out?

     The moment it sent, he tossed his phone on his bed as if it were on fire. His friends never missed a moment to laugh at him.

     "I've never seen Jungwon-hyung like this," Niki remarked.

     "Shut up." Jungwon fell back to lie down on his bed, throwing a pillow over his face in embarrassment. He nearly jumped when his phone chimed seconds later.