chapter 07.

nostalgia, seven

nostalgia, seven.
just her luck

A sunday in Jeju was usually one of the easier days of the week, spent with friends or family somewhere enjoyable

A sunday in Jeju was usually one of the easier days of the week, spent with friends or family somewhere enjoyable. But that didn't mean the same thing for everyone.

     "You guys are so boring." Han Yeori droned, mindlessly scrolling through her phone with her legs swung over the couch's edge. "Everyone else our age is at the shopping centre right now for the big sale."

     "We're all different ages though." Xiaohui shrugged, holding back a smile when Yeori's eyes narrowed into a sharp glare.

     "Lighten up, Ri. We're just talking." Xiaohui rolled her eyes.

     Yebin patted the space next to her on the bed she and Xiaohui were seated at. "You can join us if you'd like?"

     "As if." Yeori scoffed at her sister. "We're going to the mall. I'll wait for you two downstairs."

     With that, the impossible fifteen year old exited the room. Xiaohui was at their house, so all Yebin wanted was to catch up with her best friend, but her mom had forced Yeori to come along at the excuse that she couldn't be home alone.

     "Unbelievable," Yebin murmured. She then turned to Xiaohui, her head tilting when she noticed the girl's expression. "What?"

     "You know, going to the shopping centre isn't a bad idea," Xiaohui mused.

     Yebin groaned. "You know why I can't go out."

     "You're being paranoid," Xiaohui told her. "There's no way he'll be there."

     Yebin sent her a pleading expression, but the girl only insisted. She sighed, giving in. "Fine, but if he's there you owe me-"

     "Ice cream. Deal?" Xiaohui cut her off.

     Yebin pursed her lips in disappointment. "A new backpack would be nice-"

     "Chocolate ice cream. You're welcome!" Xiaohui concluded, pulling her reluctant friend up on her feet. "Now let's go."