chapter 10.

nostalgia, ten

nostalgia, ten.
their do-over

School is a walk in the park for some students

School is a walk in the park for some students. But for Han Yebin, it was less of a walk and more of herself sprinting on a treadmill stationed in the middle of the park, heading to absolutely nowhere and making no progress whatsoever.

     Still, she had always been a determined girl, and so during class hours she listened along to her teacher's lesson that seemed to be spoken in a foreign language simply impossible to decipher- otherwise known as mathematics.

     Yebin was staring at the board in desperation, before realizing that her mouth was hung slightly open. She shook her head and tried to psych herself up by looking down at her notes, uselessly wordy paragraphs from her teacher's powerpoint presentation. There were also a few exercises he'd thrown their way, but she hardly answered any of those correctly.

     "Yebin."

     As her teacher rambled on, she wondered how someone came up with the ridiculous idea to just sit down and measure the side lengths and angles of triangles.

     "Yebin!" the whisper came off as a quiet shout, and she turned around to face the person calling her.

     Jin Micha leaned over her desk with a playful smile. "Remember last year's Halloween party, when you and Taeri dressed up as the Cinderella's stepsisters and I went as the evil stepmother?"

     "Yeah." Yebin giggled, recalling how fun it was.

     Micha then pointed to the picture of a man on the powerpoint screen. "I think he stole the wig I used."

     Yebin pursed her lips as her hand flew to cover her mouth, stopping herself from laughing. There, in all his glory stood one of the greatest mathematicians of all time, wearing what looked like a longer version of Micha's alleged wig. It didn't help that the scarf and robes were perfectly on point too.

     "I don't think he'd appreciate that comment," Yebin joked.

     "Well, I don't appreciate his invention of calculus," Micha retorted.