runaway baby

[this is inspired by that bruno mars song]

"HEY, DON'T BE such a killjoy! Go have fun!" Chaeyoung, more known as Rosé in our university, tried to pull me up away from my chaise.

"No. I'll have fun with my books." I pointed the stacked books I'm planning to read this weekend. Well, atleast some of them.

Lisa placed her hands on her hips. "And have you crying about your favorite characters who died on Monday again? Nope, not happening."

"And nope, I'm still not going."

"But you're already a graduating student, a person who'll soon go out in college. Can't you just live?" Jennie whined

"I'm already living my best life. Me, in this chaise, reading my favorite novels." They all groaned at my answer.

My three friends cooperated with each other to pull me up and they succeeded.

I groaned at the lost of touch with my chaise and glared at them. "Just make sure you guys will guard me from those creepy guys. I don't want to suddenly lose my first kiss to someone, do I?"

They all nodded eagerly, "so you'll let us
do your hair and shit, right?"

"What? I never said— AH!"

They suddenly pulled me towards my closet and opened. They all looked at my wardrobe weirdly. I understood them because my wardrobe consists of sweaters, pants, jeans, XL sized t-shirts, and comfortable clothing that I usually go with. And clearly, they don't like my style, well, just for that night.

"Nope, this isn't it." Jennie shook her head as the other two agreed with her. "Good thing I have extras."

"Bitch, you didn't— what the fuck, is that even a clothing?!" I shouted while she pulled out a skimpy dress. A red satin mini dress to be exact.

"C'mon! Just wear it. You have the right figure for this one. Besides, we almost have the same body type so I think this will fit you."

I tried it on and oh God, I badly wanted to change back in my sweaters. It's showing my legs way too much from my perspective. But I think they thought different about this.

"Oh my gosh, you're so pretty!"

"How much more if we fix her up?"

"I can't wait!"

They dragged me in my vanity and did my makeup as well. I'm so lightheaded with all the things they're doing to me. With Lisa curling my hair to Jennie asking me to pucker up my lips so she could apply the lipstick and Rosé putting highlighter to my cheekbones, it was an experience.

Experience I don't want to go through again.

I looked at the mirror after their rituals, shocked by the person facing me. "Is this me?"

"See! She's also shocked about her own beauty. I can't wait to go to the party." Lisa squealed.

"Tonight, you're not our shy and cute Jichu but the hot and sexy Jisoo!" Rosé chimed in her Australian accent.

"Wait! Can I atleast put on a cardigan? This feels too revealing for me." I showed my dress and they agreed, impatiently waiting for me. I picked a red knitted cardigan, trying to fit the theme with my dress.

We went outside, me heading straight to Jennie's car but she stopped me, "chu, no need to get on the car. Jackson's house is just two blocks away."

I shook my head, "nope, we're taking the car because I know that I'll be your nanny of your drunk asses later. I don't want to exhaust myself into carrying you three back here."