daffodil

I heard the bells chime, signalling me that someone entered. I got ready to greet the customer and practiced my polite smile.

I looked up, smile already in my face, "Good morning! How may I help... you?"

I got starstruck as a beautiful woman stood in front of me. She looks so pretty in her button-down blouse and her wide leg pants. She looked so elegant. Her skin looks fair but her heart-shaped lips stood out with her red lipstick.

"Hello? Sir?" She saved her hand in front of my face, startling me out of the trance.

I smiled at her cheekily, "Yes, ma'am? Any flowers or bouquets you want me to make?"

She looked around the shop, might be looking for a flower. She then scanned the sample bouquets at my side, gentle eyes looking at the flowers I raised and arranged.

The woman in front of me pointed at a certain flower, "I'd like to get a bouquet of that."

It was daffodil. "Do you know the meaning of that flower, ma'am?"

She turned her head to me, curious eyes were looking at me innocently, "What does a daffodil mean?"

"It means 'new beginnings' and it's given mostly to people got a new job or family member."

As soon as the words 'new beginnings' left my lips, her eyes droop down. Her elegant and inocent aura diminished and all I could see was a broken woman.

It lasted for just a few seconds before she came back to her self earlier. "Uhm, my bouquet, please?"

"Ah, yes."

I worked on her daffodil bouquet fast. She looked so down that I was hurrying up to make the bouquet so that it can cheer her up somehow. I really don't want her lips turn into a frown for some reason. It stung my heart when she looked down earlier and it took me great self-control to stop myself from hugging her and console her.

After I finished her bouquet, she paid for it and went away.

Before she could step out of the flower shop, I shouted, "Thank you, ma'am! Hope to see you again."

She then smiled at me, making my heart swoon. "I'll definitely come back again."

And she did. She did came back many times, picking bouquet of flowers suitable to her mood for the week. We talked and I found out her name is Jisoo. Kim Jisoo.

I also talked to her a lot about flowers, what colors are fit for her, and the meaning behind it. We got close in such a short span of 3 months. We also got to meet outside of my flower shop, hanging out with my friends whom I introduced her after a month of talking with each other.

In that 3 months, I also fell for Jisoo. Everything about her seems so bright and cheerful, which made light to my boring and dull life. She's also kind to other people, worrying even if she's not the one at fault. She smiles like an angel and I couldn't thank Him enough for giving me this chance to meet one.

And I'm not letting that chance go. After all, I'm planning to confess my feelings for her.

As I walked my way home, thinking on how to confess to her, I spotted her house which Jisoo let me in many times for snacks. Then and there, I heard her scream which made me run into her house.

I opened the door and in front of me stood a man who was gripping Jisoo's hand and Jisoo who was clearly afraid.

"Who are you?" The man asked me.

I am confident with my body build and skills but this man is bigger than me so I might don't have the chance against this guy.

"I-i should be the one asking you that. Who are you and what are you doing to her?"