lucky day

taehyung was whistling a happy tune while he drove his car back to their home. it was so obvious that he's happy. of course, it was a lucky day for him.

he got his salary today, he got to have a one week off his work, and he closed a deal that made him one step closer to getting promoted. oh, how happy he is with the things that was happening today.

as a mini celebration, he bought roasted chicken and some champagne and juice to share with his wife. he also bought some tangerines for his wife's cravings that he failed to buy last time.

jisoo must be waiting for him while caressing her big stomach. he can't wait to see his little tiger.

taehyung parked his car on the garage and excitedly went inside.

"jisoo, look what i got you!"

no one answered him. instead, he heard sobs and muffles inside their room. he hurried there, worrying that something must have happened to her.

he opened the door and there was nothing that hurt jisoo. in fact, she was just sitting in their bed, sobbing.

taehyung reached to hug her but she slapped his arms away, surprising him.

"chu, what's wrong? does your stomach hurt? is baby tiger making a hard time for you? are you craving something—"

"chou tzuyu."

he freezed, knowing the name she mentioned very well. "what are you saying, ji?"

she sarcastically laughed. "don't pretend to not know that name. that's the name of the girl, am i right?"

"i really don't know who that is. what are you talking—"

"shut up!"

silence soon fell on the two. she was still crying but her eyes are now livid. jisoo harshly wiped off her tears and looked at him in the eye.

"stop pretending. is she the one you cheated me with?"

he shook his head, denying. "no."

"stop lying! irene unnie told me! she even showed me the picture of you kissing her!"

his reaching arms flopped down. he was looking at the floor, guilty. "yes, she's the one i cheated with."

"ah... i'm such a fool." she sarcastically laughed while crying. soon, she was crying her heart out like earlier.

jisoo's sobs continued and it gets louder every minute. he wanted to reach out to her and wipe her tears to comfort her but he can't. he can't bring himself to do that. not when he was guilty of something unforgivable.

"w-why? am i not enough? is it because i'm not pretty anymore? do you not love me anymore?" she sniffed and stuttered as she uttered those questions.

taehyung shook his head. "no, ji. you're enough. too much even."

jisoo looked up to him, with tears on her eyes. that scene broke taehyung's heart but he can't complain. he was the one who started this.

"so you found another person that was perfect for you? because i'm too much?"

taehyung's tears crashed down like a waterfall.

he kneeled down and held her hand, which she tried to pull back. "sorry, jisoo. i'm really sorry i did that. i was only stressed out and she was there for me. but i swear we're not together anymore."

"i was also here for you," jisoo mumbled. "i'm always here for you. but you kept distance from me..."

he remembered those times he ignored her and taehyung regretted every single moment of that.