(unfinished) romance doesn't die after thirty

"AHHH... Why am I so bad at relationships? Is it bad that I'm a thirty year old woman who just wants some love?" Jisoo sighed as she drank her all her soju at once and let the alcohol burn in her throat.

She had tried all sorts of way to get a suitable boyfriend, from dating apps to group blind dates, yet she always find herself brokenhearted at the end.

The man in front of her placed meat in her plate. "Well, I'm also thirty and not so lucky at relationships as well. Maybe the saying is true."

"W-what saying?" She slurred in her words as her curious eyes went to him.

"That romance dies after thirty."

After Taehyung, her bestfriend for 20 years and her co-worker, said it, she laughed out loud.

He must be kidding her.

After laughing for a good minute, Jisoo sobered up. She then looked at nowhere and started speaking again, "S-so... this is a curse that won't let thirty-year-olds get some loving?"

She stared at her bestfriend with worried eyes, glimmering with incoming tears. "Am I cursed, Taehyung? Am I cursed? Should I get a talisman to break that off or something? Should I—"

He stuffed a roll on her mouth, shutting her up. "I was just joking, don't take it too seriously."

Jisoo sniffed as she chewed on the food, gulping down the soju in her hands afterwards. After all the stress she had in their new project, she deserved this. That's what she tells herself then regret it after when her face bloats the next morning.

"Geez, eat some more." He tsked, flipping the meat that he was cooking. "Don't you know you're getting thin because you're stressed? Look, you look so ugly with your eyebags and tired eyes while I'm still handsome. You know? Get on my level. I can't have an ugly friend like you."

Jisoo groaned at his boastful remark but she quickly realized something.

Something that's not good.

Her co-worker noticed the quick change in her expression. From a heartbroken puppy to a dog that will do a dumb thing.

"I feel that you are thinking something stupid. Snap out of it, Soo-ya."

She only just giggled at him and began to speak. 

"You are single and unlucky, I'm single and unlucky as well. You know what, Tae? Why not us?"

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows as he drank his own bottle of beer. "What us?"

Jisoo pointed herself then towards him. "You and me. Us. In a relationship."

After saying those words, Taehyung choked on his drink, coughing out of shock.

"Wha-what? Us?"

She nodded and he just stared at her like she was out of her mind.

"What? Don't look at me like that." She shifted in his gaze, eyeing her as someone suspicious.

"You know what, Jisoo? You're drunk already. Let's go home. Ahjussi!" He called for the bill as his bestfriend complained that she's not finished drinking yet.

"HEY! Don't be like that. I'm heartbroken!"

"And you're also drunk. So get your ass here or I'm leaving you all alone in the street."

"You're really rude! Why did you become my bestfriend again?" Jisoo whined as he can only sigh.

"Because I'm the only who can guide your drunk self on your way home but it seems it won't be happening tonight because you don't wanna get up from the pavement."

Jisoo pouted. "But I don't want to go home yet." People are looking at her and him, some laughing while others were giving them amused faces and all Taehyung can do was to look down in embarrassment.

He has to resort to one last thing that will make her get up and join him.

"We won't go home yet and I will buy you that food you wanted to eat since last week or I will go home by myself and set Dalgom free."

And she was forced. 

"You're really rude and manipulative! I don't want you to be my boyfriend anymore!" Jisoo complained as she walked in front of him.

He just forced a little smile as he sighed. "You never really did," he muttered  under his breath, making her unable to hear it.

"What did you say?" She slurred on her words while she was being assisted by Taehyung.

"Nothing."

JISOO woke up with an excruciating pain inside her head. She didn't expect it to hurt a lot, maybe she drank a bit more than she expected.

"So you're awake now, huh? Good thing you still remembered to wake up?"

Her head turned to the sound and found her bestfriend standing at the door, leaning against the doorframe.

Damn this handsome and sexy man. Blessing her morning with a good scenery.

"Why are you on my apartment?" Jisoo asked Taehyung.

"My apartment, you mean?"

That's when it hit her. This isn't her apartment. The smell of musk immediately hits her nose as her eyes roam around the grey interior. Yep, she's really in his apartment.

"Why didn't you bring me in mine, instead?" She asked as she took the painkiller he offered beside her.

He shrugged, "I can't find your keys. I told you, you should've just taken a passcode lock instead."

"Don't talk. My head hurts."

He obliged as he took the glass and headed downstairs, allowing her to rest some more.

As she heard the door click, Jisoo's eyes wandered around the area again. 

She didn't expect that he would bring her in his apartment at her drunken state, let alone sleep in his room. He was eager back then not to let her enter here, even being bestfriends.

She stood up, feeling the cold air in her legs.

Wait, she was definitely wearing slacks to work yesterday. She didn't also remember changing her clothes when she went drinking with Taehyung either.

Jisoo looked at her clothes. Gone the business attire she had yesterday. Instead, she wore an oversized tshirt and a boxer short.

— unfinished