The Villainess and the Second Lead

Tears continued to stream down my face as if they were waterfalls. I heard their applauds and awes, loud and clear, from where I am sitting.

I didn't like to cry. I was known to never cry. But today, my heart was so broken that a tear cascade down my face every second that pass.

Of course, it will be me who'll be miserable at the end of what happened. I'm the villainess that everyone knew and hated.

As soon as I heard footsteps going in my direction, I immediately wiped off the tears in my eyes and tried to fix myself up to look presentable.

I stood up, welcoming the unwanted guest. "What are you doing here?"

It was Taehyung. I knew him, he's the bestfriend of Jennie.

But I'd like to call him, 'Mr. Second Lead'. I just knew how much he loved Jennie as much as I loved Yoongi.

But unlike me, he just stood at the side, trying to help Jennie with him. Typical annoying second lead who doesn't do anything for her to love him back.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

I guess I failed at looking presentable in the least.

"No," I tried to deny the question but it seems that he won't believe me. I guess it's the consequence of being a villainess. Having trust issues around me.

He sat where I was sitting before. "Don't lie to me. I know how you are feeling. I felt it too, you know."

"Okay, fine." I sat beside him, still maintaining space that two colleagues would consider. "I was, indeed, crying. But don't tell it to other people or I'll hunt you."

He raised his arms up like he was surrendering, "I will not, ma'am."

Soon enough, silence fell over us. But surprisingly, it wasn't awkward.

Maybe because we're two heartbroken fools who share the same heartbreak.

"I heard that you are the one who broke off the engagement with Yoongi," Taehyung started talking without looking at me, breaking the silence. "What will happen now between the Kims and the Mins?"

"Nothing, of course," I answered with the hint of sarcasm at my tone. "But we'll still be in a good relationship with them."

"Did you," he trailed off, hinting me that it's a sensitive question.

"Did you regret letting him go?"

I pondered for a while, recollecting my thoughts for the question. Good thing that he's patient enough to wait for my answer.

"Surprisingly, no."

He, too, looked shock at my answer as he turned his head to me. "Why not?"

I shrugged. "Maybe because I really loved him. If you love someone, you let them go, right?"

"Then why you didn't let him go in the first place and fought with Jennie instead?"

I looked at him with doubt. "I feel like you're saying I shouldn't have done that and you're taking her side."

"I always took her side," Taehyung said with a serious look on his face.

"Wow, I'm deeply offended," I said dramatically. "But seriously, I was also thinking that, too. Why can't I just let him go in the first place? Why can't I let them be in peace?"

I continued as I stare at the city lights from the rooftop, "I guess I had it from my mom. She taught me that when I love someone, I should fight for that person. But the Yoongi-Jennie thing, I think it was mostly my ego and pride. I was engaged to him but he loves someone else. Of course, that would hurt me, not just my ego but my heart as well. And being the prideful that I am, I tried to get Jennie away from him by hurting her without knowing I'm making the mistakes I will never do in the past."